Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Soldato
My parents went to Cornwall between lockdowns as a holiday since their American one was cancelled. They came back with a Rick Stein chilli sauce from one of his Padstow restaurants and it's pretty good in a flavour over heat way - got through most of it already - just red chillies, oil, ginger, white wine vinegar, garlic, salt and turmeric.

Capodecina
Soldato
Picked up some Encona Scotch Bonnet sauce from Tesco. It's not dynamite hot but it has a detectably good heat to it and, like other Encona sauces, a lot of flavour. A very nice find.

Soldato
Sean Evans Reveals the Season 14 Hot Sauce Lineup | Hot Ones

New year, new season, new hot sauces, babyyyy! Hot Ones returns with the Season 14 premiere on 1/28 at 11am EST, and you know what that means: time for Sean Evans to welcome his brand-new Avengers squad of spice to the table. To kick off 2021, we’ve got a mix of beloved makers like Torchbearer and Hellfire making their return to the lineup, as well as newcomers channeling flavors from Harlem, Barbados, and beyond. Welcome back and happy new year, spice lords!

Soldato
I've moved from Econa 'origeonal hot pepper sauce' to the Econa Carolina reaper - it's not as hot as the name may suggest, but still has a good kick.
Heat wise id say it's similar to the standard one, maybe a smidge cooler, but a really nice flavour I cant quite put my finger on, kinda smokey.

Soldato
Anyone uses east coast chilli company?

I've just ordererd a selection box of

• Box set choice 1:
    Thai-style Sauce – Habit

• Box set choice 2:
    Garlic and Habanero – Chance

• Box set choice 3:
    Hot and Fruity – Compulsion

• Box set choice 4:
    Carolina Reaper and Honey - Midnight 21

• Box set choice 5:
    Extra Hot Habanero and Naga Sauce – Reason

Looking forward to trying them!

Soldato
My sister got me Wiltshire Chilli Farm’s Regret sauce as a joke, it’s an ghost + habanero + extract sauce and I can only handle putting the merest sliver into a tomato-type sauce without it becoming a battle to eat as it’s 12 million scovilles or something offensive. The bottle/labelling tells you exactly what you’re in for.

Associate
I'm loving the Scotch Bonnet Pickle from Chilli Mash Co. - Portsmouth based company making some pretty awesome stuff. Their Carolina Reaper chilli jam is also excellent.

Soldato
Anyone uses east coast chilli company?

I've just ordererd a selection box of

• Box set choice 1:
    Thai-style Sauce – Habit

• Box set choice 2:
    Garlic and Habanero – Chance

• Box set choice 3:
    Hot and Fruity – Compulsion

• Box set choice 4:
    Carolina Reaper and Honey - Midnight 21

• Box set choice 5:
    Extra Hot Habanero and Naga Sauce – Reason

Looking forward to trying them!

Their sauces were very tasty last time I tried them, some on the very hot side as well. Only downside was a relatively short shelf life once opened.

Soldato
Just got this delivered - https://www.sauceshop.co/collections/all/products/hot-sauce-challenge-set

Already acquainted with their buffalo sauce, it's delicious. Opened the habanero ketchup and oh my, I dread to think how hot the actual habanero hot sauce is going to be, the ketchup is insane. Very tasty though.

My other go-to sauces are Franks, Encona hot pepper, and my current favourite, El Yucateco Green Habanero, so much depth.

Soldato
A huge thumbs up to Wiltshire Chilli Farm as a couple of others have mentioned. I feel like they make chilli sauces properly, i.e. cooked up from ingredients rather than blending extracts.

Their Habanero and Naga are great for a bit of heat, without blowing your face off. Perfect BBQ accompaniments, but also good for pizza and random home cooking.

They do have milder (fruity) ones too, excellent. I haven't tried their smaller ones as I'm a bit suspicious they stray into the "extract" zone like other companies.

Soldato
Their sauces were very tasty last time I tried them, some on the very hot side as well. Only downside was a relatively short shelf life once opened.

I'm really enjoying my east coast chilli company ones - as above they are proper sauces rather than made hot from extracts. I guess it's a matter of tollerence but ive found the hot ones have a good kick for sure but not crazy hot, more importantly they all have a really good distinct flavour. If you can handle mass produced hot sauses likee econa, you can handle these.

The 'meduim' garlic and habenaro one I'd describle on the milder end of medium but its lovely, could quite ealisly use that neat as a regular dipping sauce for wings or nuggets.

Soldato
Sean Evans Reveals the Season 15 Hot Sauce Lineup—Plus, a BIG Announcement! | Hot Ones

Hot Ones is not only back, but we’re back in studio, babyyyyy! Season 15 kicks off Thursday, May 27, at 11am EST with a brand-new guest taking on the wings of death in person with Sean Evans. And you know what that means: a new starting lineup of hot sauces makes its way to the table. This season is all about diverse flavors—from a Peruvian-style jalapeno sauce, to an all-new Los Calientes, to a fiery number that evokes chicken tikka masala. And, needless to say, it packs some serious heat. Cheers to Season 15, spice lords!

Back
Top Bottom