Google Pixel 5

Associate
I had an XS (same camera as the XS Max) and the daylight photos were great (same as they have been on most flagship phones for several years), but in low light it was very poor. Which type of photos do you believe are better on the iPhone? If it's all bright daylight stuff, then it generally comes down to personal preference depending on the image processing.

All photos...I haven't yet seen a photo taken by her Pixel which matches the quality of my XS Max. She says the autofocus takes ages, and, more often than not, reaches for my phone if she wants to take a decent photo of something in front of her. I'm a very nice husband to allow her to use my phone, right? ;)

Soldato
Maybe she got a dodgy handset... Anyway, I know nothing of supporting Android, so having her over on the iOS dark side with me will have its advantages!

Possibly, maybe just different preference as mentioned.
I'm the same with iOS, don't have a clue anymore when people ask for help with it. I jumped ship from iOS a few years back and forgot the differences.

Associate
Possibly, maybe just different preference as mentioned.
I'm the same with iOS, don't have a clue anymore when people ask for help with it. I jumped ship from iOS a few years back and forgot the differences.

iOS and Android are so different, yet perform the same job at the end of the day. Each to their own, there's always gonna be folk in each camp. For me, it's just finding something that works pretty much first time that's key. I'm pretty much entrenched in the Apple ecosystem now though, let's just hope I never feel the urge to leave! :o

Soldato
iOS and Android are so different, yet perform the same job at the end of the day. Each to their own, there's always gonna be folk in each camp. For me, it's just finding something that works pretty much first time that's key. I'm pretty much entrenched in the Apple ecosystem now though, let's just hope I never feel the urge to leave! :o

Absolutely, that would be an expensive move!
Enjoy the new electronics when it arrives :D

Maybe she got a dodgy handset... Anyway, I know nothing of supporting Android, so having her over on the iOS dark side with me will have its advantages!
Am I reading this correctly as no one seems to be picking up on it. You're comparing an iPhone x with a pixel 2, knowing we've since had pixel 3, 4, and now 5, and saying the quality isn't as good on pixel phones?

it was the 3 I think when the pixel really excelled in picture quality.

Also are you comparing them on the same screen, or pixel 2 screen to iPhone screen and saying iPhone pohotos are better? As maybe this is also influencing your thoughts.

Samsung for instance if people remember used to really saturate the screen so photos looked super colourful. People were like "wow Samsung rake great shots" when in reality the screen was just adjusted to give that wow effect, whole in reality the photos were not an accurate photo of the world.

Soldato
Coming from the Pixel 2XL, really disappointing upgrade.

I really wish they extended support for it. The improvements are minor and the performance not a step up. Albeit not being real world, geekbench showed only 15% improvement on the P5.

Soldato
do you not find the same 6" screen but a 3rd of the size an improvement ?

It is one of those things that I agree it's nicer to have, but at the same time, I'd rather that sized phone with an even bigger phone.
Pretty much what Apex said, a lot of small nice things but certainly not what I'd expect in 3 years. Providing the headphones come through, it's acceptable just a bit meh. The speakers are terrible, I'm guessing there's no way of improving this?

What tempered screen protectors and cases are everyone using?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom