*** Nintendo Switch ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its honestly bad value at anything more than £15 but if your lad has his heart set on it...

Nintendo half assed it and then just abandoned it. No DLC and limited content in the core.

^^ Super Mario Party... I would give it more credit!

I played 2-3 (N64) and 3-7 (Gamecube), then I gave it a break as I didn't have a Wii or Wii U. But at least I know the series to some extent. Then I bought a Switch last month with a bunch of games, so I'm a returnee to the MP series. I'm really enjoying that it has almost 100 features which I think is more than any others I have played. There are some fun rumble-based features too. There is also a dance / rhythm mode which I've not seen on Mario Party before, plus a river adventure mode which is also new. Then the base game has the familiar free-for-all board games and the paired (2 vs 2) mode with slightly altered boards. I also discovered a secret area called the Rec Room (I think?) but I'm not sure what that's for yet. Granted I paid £34 for the cartridge version but I feel there is still plenty of content in this game.

I'm also really enjoying the Gameboy Color re-master of Zelda - Link's Awakening.

Currently using the Switch on a 1200p monitor (no TV) but the Switch's graphics doesn't quite fill it up, so I'll need to get a 1080p monitor to make the most of it.

Associate
Super Mario party definitely seems like a half baked effort compared to other Nintendo games. But think a lot of the MP games have felt a bit light anyway.
However it is still a great game when played with others. It is one of our most played games in our house. A few extra boards as part of a free DLC would be most welcome Nintendo!

Soldato
I've got a Series X on Pre Order but anytime I see a multippat game I mean towards the Switch just so I know I can play it off TV and take it with me.

I'd always accept the downgrade in graphics and FPS when compared to Series X for the benefit of portability

Soldato
just a heads up for anyone on the fence about attempting to get a free Joycon with drift repair on an out of warranty console from nintendo

I sent mine off just under over a week ago no proof of purchase or anything and it appeared repaired free of charge from Nintendo yesterday :)

Soldato
They want to sell it for £35 too, I cant see too many pay that money for a cloud game. I didnt think it played to well for me either, quite a bit of stutter. I did choose the high visuals option tho.

PS Now library on Switch would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom