Golf Thread

Associate
I am in Kent, out near Sidcup. I did think that perhaps American Golf isnt the best option.

I think the grips could be a key part, the ones on my clubs are so thin and 'small' whereas the golf pride on my dads clubs feel a lot easier to grip.

Quick google suggests CTs golf shop in Orpington might be a good shout?

Associate
It’s a slippery slope into a deep dark money pit :D

Lessons would absolutely be the best thing to spend money on if you’re just starting out and then when the mechanics are improving, think about kit upgrades

Soldato
Regripping clubs is easy. I do it myself at home - takes 5 minutes.

Grab some grips from ebay or alike - then some tape/solution (again ebay for about £10).

Will be regripping a new hybrid later today - will stick up a few pictures.

Soldato
It’s a slippery slope into a deep dark money pit :D

Lessons would absolutely be the best thing to spend money on if you’re just starting out and then when the mechanics are improving, think about kit upgrades
hah definitely, went to the range yesterday with my dad and used his ping clubs and it felt a lot "nicer". The golf pride grips felt a lot more comfortable.
Great place for things like re-gripping and getting loft/lie adjusted or new shafts but I haven't seen the fitting bay in use for a while.
Good to note, cheers.

On another note, my dad asked me to throw this out there, here is some data we got from a toptracer bay. This was using his main driver.

He thinks that he is getting way too much height off the tee and so is losing distance (unsure if they correlate...), we tried a few different tees and also tried adjusting the driver but it didn't seem to change much.

Just wondering how those stats compare to others really.
Club; Ping g30 10 degree driver

Associate
hah definitely, went to the range yesterday with my dad and used his ping clubs and it felt a lot "nicer". The golf pride grips felt a lot more comfortable.

Good to note, cheers.

On another note, my dad asked me to throw this out there, here is some data we got from a toptracer bay. This was using his main driver.

He thinks that he is getting way too much height off the tee and so is losing distance (unsure if they correlate...), we tried a few different tees and also tried adjusting the driver but it didn't seem to change much.

He wouldn't want to launching it any less that that with that ball speed ideally. At least 15 degrees of launch and he should game a ball that spins more, for example the prov1x as opposed to the prov1

Soldato

Good to note, cheers.

The biggest thing that will change the flight of the ball is the shaft....tee height doesn't make much of a difference.

Associate

Good to note, cheers.

Could try working on swing speed, see if he can get ball speed up a bit (without losing too much accuracy).

I played Hayling Holf Course today. Absolutely fantastic track, which I would recommend to anyone. We were very lucky with the weather, while windy, we also had some sunshine.

Beautiful course and surroundings.

TdYad35.jpg

Permabanned
Could try working on swing speed, see if he can get ball speed up a bit (without losing too much accuracy).

I played Hayling Holf Course today. Absolutely fantastic track, which I would recommend to anyone. We were very lucky with the weather, while windy, we also had some sunshine.

Beautiful course and surroundings.

TdYad35.jpg

That looks light a right good challenge!

Soldato
He wouldn't want to launching it any less that that with that ball speed ideally. At least 15 degrees of launch and he should game a ball that spins more, for example the prov1x as opposed to the prov1
Good to note, thanks. We are basing this off range balls lol so perhaps some marginal changes with a different hall as you say.
The biggest thing that will change the flight of the ball is the shaft....tee height doesn't make much of a difference.
I think he's going to go get a fit, as you say the club may not be correct and no change in tee etc will fix that.
Yep I think swing speed is an issue, it's been mentioned a few places online.

Soldato
Cheeky little purchase today.

My existing Taylormade rescue must be around 15 years old now (this old!!)

Local Facebook group - guy selling this - used but excellent condition. 19 degree, stiff shaft.

Didn't like the grip on it so cut it off - replaced with a new one. 5 minute job

Soldato
All the reviews of the TSi range that I've seen have said there is no measurable performance difference over the TS range. Although it sounds better apparently.

Look for second-hand TS instead. I'm waiting for a cheap TS3 that I can use my current shaft with (I still use a 915D3)

Associate
All the reviews of the TSi range that I've seen have said there is no measurable performance difference over the TS range. Although it sounds better apparently.

Look for second-hand TS instead. I'm waiting for a cheap TS3 that I can use my current shaft with (I still use a 915D3)

I watched Crossfields review and yeah there didn't seem to be a great deal of difference. I think one performed slightly worse for him.

Had a TS3 for a while but got a good deal on a G410 Plus and it seems to suit me a bit better down by the ball. Hopefully you can get a good deal on a head only if your keeping your shaft.

Back
Top Bottom