• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
you got banned for spreading misinformation and you're still doing it.
No I was banned for competitors naming. And I said 2 over a week ago that non oc wasn't coming for a long time or 2021. And Gibbo basically confined it too. Take it for what ever. I've no reason to lie about it. Does me no favours. I'm in top 10 for ASUS TUF OC. So believe what ever you want.

We are now in week 6 since launch and up to now only 600 cards have been shipped. It's actually worse though than those stats might at first sight convey, because the retail outlets had a few weeks to build up stocks pre launch. If Nvidia don't succeed in ramping up supply then the RTX3080 backlog won't be cleared by the time the next generation is ready for launch.

I cannot believe that this low level of production was intended by Nvidia, nor that the RTX20xx series sold in such low numbers either.
I just hope AMD have something good to show, in line with all these recent rumours. If it's Big Navi now, that's within 10% of the 3080, or a 3080 in March or so, I'll go with the red team. **** Nvidia.

Associate
I'm in top 10 for ASUS TUF OC. I'm good. But for non oc guys this is likely the best way. Or go back to the F5 mashing on other sites who aren't taking pre orders and who list cards randomly. It's really crappy this for everyone especially the non oc guys. Sad thing is this info from my mate who's worked in there main import warhouse. This info of all Asus non oc cards was pulled 2 weeks ago. So OCUK likely knew about this. If not obviously ASUS knew about this. FYI the USA are getting ASUS NON OC Strix and Tuf it seems. So I guess they only sending OC versions to UK.
So when the ASUS guy on Facebook said that ASUS are manufacturing both non oc and oc versions of strix and Tuf. But that information he said is only for USA as he's the USA rep. And cannot speak for UK/EU
I'm no.3 in the OC queue and feel like I may as well be 3000.

Associate
Well it looks like I'm going to try and snipe a 3090 Strix OC when they come available.....the 3080 is a **** show and I would go elsewhere brand wise (I've got a non OC strix on order), but I've ordered the Strix 3080/3090 Waterblock. (ill keep my back order with OCUK on in case)

Funny how Asus literally bare face lie to their customer base on Social Media...I mean thats nuts about sending them all out equally.

Associate
Yep, I was in the queue for a non OC Zotac at a competitor but they called and offered me the OC version for an extra £30. They said could be another few weeks on non OC models. I got it on Saturday and there was an OC sticker on the box so it's clearly normal cards with better boosts just getting an OC BIOS and a sticker on the box.

I am glad I am out the race now but manufacturers are clearly prioritising OC cards.
Yea seems a shame might be a thing across all brands then. I know the place your talking about. And they have been able to do that because they stopped taking pre orders. If Ocuk stopped then maybe they could offer the non oc guys hear something. I've always gone for OC cards. I was gonna get the strix non oc this time. But stuck with my choice of the TUF OC glad I did now.

Associate
FYI the USA are getting ASUS NON OC Strix and Tuf it seems. So I guess they only sending OC versions to UK.
So when the ASUS guy on Facebook said that ASUS are manufacturing both non oc and oc versions of strix and Tuf.

Again... false information. US is only getting non-OC TUF and OC both Strix and TUF and that's what was said on the PCDIY facebook page...

Associate
I'm no.3 in the OC queue and feel like I may as well be 3000.
Haha same bro. When I was 17th I had it in my head soon as first batch comes in I'm good. First batch came in and I went into top 10. Was so gutted hahah. Can only laugh else id cry. Lol. Then no movement for 3 weeks. Crazy. I guess the other UK store with the tables and daily updates we can at least say the cards they have been getting are only OC ASUS too. They show numbers and dates but lump all Asus 3080s in one bunch. At least we know 2 of those 4 models are only cards they been getting in. So the 50+ they have had was only strix oc and Tuf oc.

Associate
Well it looks like I'm going to try and snipe a 3090 Strix OC when they come available.....the 3080 is a **** show and I would go elsewhere brand wise (I've got a non OC strix on order), but I've ordered the Strix 3080/3090 Waterblock. (ill keep my back order with OCUK on in case)

Funny how Asus literally bare face lie to their customer base on Social Media...I mean thats nuts about sending them all out equally.
I was tempted to buy a 3090 from somewhere other day (I just randomly caught some in stock for 5mintes elsewere) but it was a Zotac one. I could have bought it. If it wasn't Zotac (I'm not a fan of Zotac cards) and if it was more than 10% better than 3080 if of paid the 1500£ for it then cancelled this one. If was a Gigabyte or Asus or MSI. And the 3090 was 20% minimum better I'd of bought it.

Associate
So asus will not manufacture any more cards or will they make them slower?
They are making them just seems not coming over to EU/UK for a long time. End of the year or 2021. Only ones places have had are the very small 5-10 cards they had before release date. Since then no one has had them. Other places seems to be having same issue on other OC card from other brands and are offering non OC version for a bit more money. But OCUK cant do that coz they never stopped taking pre orders so the queues are way to big.

Associate
I was tempted to buy a 3090 from somewhere other day but it was a Zotac one. I could have bought it. If it wasn't Zotac (I'm not a fan of Zotac cards) and if it was more than 10% better than 3080 if of paid the 1500£ for it then cancelled this one. If was a Gigabyte or Asus or MSI. And the 3090 was 20% minimum better I'd of bought it.

Yeah ive had ample opportunities to buy a 3090 with stock notifications etc.....I just havent done so, because firstly it wasn't the right brand for me and also having a 3080 Strix on back order I was happy to be patient.....but now they are telling us they arent even making the things, even though they took over £800, that's just not acceptable.

The 3090's seem to come in fairly often on stock notifications....so if a Strix 3090 comes in and I get the notification im buying it and be done with this mess.

Permabanned
Yea seems a shame might be a thing across all brands then. I know the place your talking about. And they have been able to do that because they stopped taking pre orders. If Ocuk stopped then maybe they could offer the non oc guys hear something. I've always gone for OC cards. I was gonna get the strix non oc this time. But stuck with my choice of the TUF OC glad I did now.

The non OC Zotac was the card I could get in a basket fastest lol.

The OC card glows blue so fit my build perfectly...

20201026-185915-01.jpg

Associate
This is so frustrating. I know overclockers are doing their best. Im building new rig just waiting on the Ryzen 5000 series to do my order in a oner on the 5th. Dunno if to order my 3080 separately from the rest of the order now just to get myself in the queue?
At least then if i want to cancel if im am number elentymillion in the queue, it will be easier to cancel it as it will be a stand alone order

Associate
Again... false information. US is only getting non-OC TUF and OC both Strix and TUF and that's what was said on the PCDIY facebook page...
That's what I said lol. Read before you post lol

I clearly said that USA are getting non oc Asus cards. That means as well as OC lol. You just confirmed what I was saying bro. Chill out. And read before you jump at someone. USA is getting all of the cards.

Associate
The non OC Zotac was the card I could get in a basket fastest lol.

The OC card glows blue so fit my build perfectly...

20201026-185915-01.jpg
Nice looks good man. I wish the designers of the cards meet with the PCB designers. Seems a lot of these cards across all brands have the pcie cables covering the nice RGB or the brand name. Lol.
They clearly didn't get a meeting together.
Like the TUF OC I've got pre orders has a small amount of RGB lighting. And the pcie plugs are right above it and actually cover it all lol

Back
Top Bottom