• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Meh November is now the big month. Then it will be December.

Asus telling everyone for TUF non OC that they are on the bench because the chips are binned too good is just a slap in the face. How gracious of them to be so honest.

I’m glad I’m OC but I have no expectations anymore.

Associate
I'm done - decided to keep my money and leave it until spring. I'll just pull out my 240hz 1080p Alienware monitor and continue using my Poseidon 1080Ti

I'm waiting to see what AMD have but if it's not cheaper then I'll likely buy a 3080 next year when hopefully they're in stock. Let's see what happens first.

Associate
The non OC Zotac was the card I could get in a basket fastest lol.

The OC card glows blue so fit my build perfectly...

20201026-185915-01.jpg
Have you seen this thing. Bro the cable placement for this is terrible.
Screenshot-20201026-215802.jpg

Meh November is now the big month. Then it will be December.

Asus telling everyone for TUF non OC that they are on the bench because the chips are binned too good is just a slap in the face. How gracious of them to be so honest.

I’m glad I’m OC but I have no expectations anymore.
As someone with no preorder, 2021Q1 is my time to shine... If I make it through 2020 that is.

Associate
Nice looks good man. I wish the designers of the cards meet with the PCB designers. Seems a lot of these cards across all brands have the pcie cables covering the nice RGB or the brand name. Lol.
They clearly didn't get a meeting together.
Like the TUF OC I've got pre orders has a small amount of RGB lighting. And the pcie plugs are right above it and actually cover it all lol

Seems they all want you to mount it on its side now to show off the RGB

Associate
Never know for all the non oc Asus guys this could be a good thing. At least you know you don't have to come back to this forums for several weeks. And you can see how the AMD 6000 GPU is. I too will be looking close at it. Don't think I'd swap though. I prefer the software RTX offers and Geforce experience streaming to devices. And I use CUDA a lot. RTX voice, DLSS and raytracing for me is why I'm a Nvidia guy. I'm no fan boy though. I used AMD GPUs up to the 270x then got the 970 Geforce. The got into flagship cards every gen after that. I was AMD CPU guy all way too intel 4790k. Then intel all way up too 8700k. Been ryen each gen. And getting the 5900x too. Cannot wait. I'm more excited for 5900x than the 3080

Associate
Seems they all want you to mount it on its side now to show off the RGB
Yeah. I can do that in my case. But it's too close to the glass. My 1080ti EVGA FTW3 runs at 75c max on games on my 144hz 1440p LG Ultragear GL850 on its side it goes into 85c. So never used on side again. Shame. Really looks good on side.

Associate
I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed about Asus choosing not to produce cards that they have advertised globally and that retailers have offered since launch.

Lying to us on social media just adds to the poison.

I'm not sure whether I've been treated with such disregard in all my years of buying PC hardware.

Associate
I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed about Asus choosing not to produce cards that they have advertised globally and that retailers have offered since launch.

Lying to us on social media just adds to the poison.

I'm not sure whether I've been treated with such disregard in all my years of buying PC hardware.
This is also OCUK’s fault. There isn’t one other site where I can order a non-OC Strix card. They’re unavailable until they’re in stock. They should have never taken orders on a card that didn’t exist. It’s their mess to fix just as much as ASUS’

Associate
We have had and shipped some Master cards and a very small amount of the Extreme version on 3080's, but the amounts shipping are very small.

Only 1 card was shipped Gibbo, that's not very small, that's just 1. Someone on the Aorus thread said he called and someone who works for OCUK confirmed 3 were delivered. Where are the other 2 cards for the Xtreme 3080? Why was 1 only sent when 3 were delivered?

When are we expecting more since I'm now pos 1.

Associate
This is also OCUK’s fault. There isn’t one other site where I can order a non-OC Strix card. They’re unavailable until they’re in stock. They should have never taken orders on a card that didn’t exist. It’s their mess to fix just as much as ASUS’
I agree. It's an absolute cluster-**** of bad service.

Associate
Or people could just be patient and order when in-stock. All this activity just keeps prices high.

problem is, when we ordered it the OC website said it was in stock and available for delivery. They changed the message on the website to pre-order AFTER we ordered it, and I know others had the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom