• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
After @Gibbo 's post, this all means we are not going to get card until 2021 and no just that but the fact that Nvidia claims to have stocks levels as previous launch is trash! all rubbish! they are full of BS... inflating prices and waiting for navi.... from now, I don't care about who has the best performance... i will just buy my AMD card. **** NVIDIA.

Associate
The non OC Zotac was the card I could get in a basket fastest lol.

The OC card glows blue so fit my build perfectly...

20201026-185915-01.jpg
Got enough fans mate? :D Just joking, looks beautiful! Enjoy

Associate
Hello guys!

I am queue position 11 for my Inno3D Twin X2 OC 3080 which I ordered on the day of launch.

As far as I am aware it took an entire month for OCUK to produce just 20pcs of this card which is a really depressing amount to be honest.

So far there were three shipments scheduled to OCUK, the first one I believe has already arrived and this is the one with my card in it and the other two not too sure but they had x3 + k4.

Judging by the time it took to deliver the first batch and my position in the queue is it safe to assume I will receive my card some time early November or mid November?

I have waited so long for this card now I feel like I don’t even want it anymore haha. If anyone knows any other options of acquiring a 3080 or advice on what to do on my case please do let me know as I am stuck right now!

Thanks! :)

Associate
I agree. It's an absolute cluster-**** of bad service.
It just sucks. My first PC I bought years ago which wasn’t the greatest spec at the time. I’ve been waiting to upgrade and this time I went all out and bought a very good spec. I was excited to get the whole thing set up and now I have the rest of the PC and using my old GPU. The whole things been tainted. It’s supposed to be a nice experience when you’re dropping this kind of money but it’s just been a nightmare.

Associate
Nah, it's more like everyone here has spent anything from £650-1500 and would like answers to when this ghosts of a launch would actually bare fruir... It is after all a fair whack of money to blow on a sort of maybe promise.

I know that OCUK did that and that, kept pre-orders up etc.
Ultimately, it's not their fault. I know how is to chase companies for updates and receive nothing back.
For those that used rent money or they don't like to have money stuck like this, there's always the refund option.

I know very well this is frustrating. I ordered on the 17th, CC was already paid for that month, I got paid end of September and apparently chances are very slim for me to receive anything this week and it's again the end of another month.
Money comes and goes I guess. Don't worry, be happy :)

Associate
It just sucks. My first PC I bought years ago which wasn’t the greatest spec at the time. I’ve been waiting to upgrade and this time I went all out and bought a very good spec. I was excited to get the whole thing set up and now I have the rest of the PC and using my old GPU. The whole things been tainted. It’s supposed to be a nice experience when you’re dropping this kind of money but it’s just been a nightmare.
I feel for you. My situation is slightly different but I was still planning a whole build around this card.

I ordered at 3pm on launch day and now, in late October, I find out that it's all ****** until 2021. Merry Christmas.

Associate
Asus TUF no OC on order number 803 as per list last Friday.

I'm not having a meltdown I have a GTX1080 so I'm good to wait. Looking at some of the comments giving the news today there are some knee jerk reaction cancellations. This Fridays list is going to be really interesting. I'm not willing to spend more to get a card earlier. You can't blame companies for prioritising more profitable products, they all do it.

OCUK have dug themselves into this hole in the hope's that NVIDIA and its partners are going to bail them out which is why they kept the pre-orders open.
It's blown up in their face because likely for the first time with a new product launch the stock is just not there and it's not going to be there this year or weeks into next. They've had a total of 550 3080 since launch across all cards so unless you're very low on the list I'd get comfy you got a long wait.

I'll keep mine open for now just hoping AMD pull a RYZEN with RDNA2.

Back
Top Bottom