• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thanks, I had a look.. It says Stock: 7 business days.. So I assume upto 10 days for delivery, I believe the handset is arriving tomorrow so looking for somewhere with it in stock to order, cant seem to find anywhere

You can order direct from Nomad, it takes about 2-3 days for delivery. You'll probably get hit with customs charge though.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Pretty sure that would be illegal as an anti competitive practice? Might be wrong
Check out the video. Even a 96W Apple charger doesn’t reach 15W, nor does last year’s 18W iPhone charger, yet the brand new 20W charger reaches 15W consistently. PD chargers are following a protocol, a standard. So the charger only provides what the thing being charged (in this case the MagSafe charger) requests.

Nem

Nem

Associate
Did anyone else get themselves in the position where their current iPhone is running iOS 14.2 beta and are wanting to restore a backup onto their new 12? What would be the simplest way around this, should I set up the 12 as new, update to 14.2 beta and then restore?
Same here. 14.2 is available for the new phones, I just set up as a new phone, enrolled the new phone for the beta, did the upgrade and then erase and wipe all settings. Then set up again and transferred over from old phone.

Soldato
So, Apple has taken the headphones and plug out of the box, if you want to use MagSafe you have to buy their charger and brick, but when I suggested that Apple were only doing lip service to "being green" I get ****** comments about it, where we at now?

[stolen]
  • Apple removed the charger from the box
  • Apple claims this was all for environmental reasons
  • Apple did not drop the price to match the cost savings to Apple
  • Apple introduces MagSafe wireless charging
  • Apple ensures MagSafe only works full speed if you run out and buy its new, specific charger
  • Apple is a lying liar.
[/stolen]

Last edited:

Nem

Nem

Associate
Not only that but the cable in the box is USB-c to lightning, so saying that you can use the charger you already have to save on the environment is not true, as I think only last year they started with the USB-C in the box, anyone with earlier iphone will have a charger they can't use with the new cable.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Not only that but the cable in the box is USB-c to lightning, so saying that you can use the charger you already have to save on the environment is not true, as I think only last year they started with the USB-C in the box, anyone with earlier iphone will have a charger they can't use with the new cable.
You can still use the regular iPhone chargers, there’s no real reason you need the USB-C version. Most charge overnight and that provides enough power.

Nem

Nem

Associate
You can still use the regular iPhone chargers, there’s no real reason you need the USB-C version. Most charge overnight and that provides enough power.
Oh I know that, but I think the point still stands that they include a cable but state you can use your existing wall charger which isn't compatable for the majority.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Oh I know that, but I think the point still stands that they include a cable but state you can use your existing wall charger which isn't compatable for the majority.

I think they included USB-C to address the oddity of not being able to connect your new iPhone to your new MacBook, for everyone else their current iPhone charger would be fine.

Associate
Looking for a case on Amazon but so many bogus reviews. Cases having 200 reviews but not a single date after 23rd Oct or pictures of iPhone 12 lol. Anybody got a case with the phone in it with pictures?

Soldato
Went into the store again to have a play. I found the screen size on the 12 is pretty much the same as my P4XL despite the phone being far smaller! I was a little worried about the battery life on the mini so I ended up getting a standard silver 12 on contract with EE. The phone was free, I get unlimited data, music, arcade and tv for the duration of the contract and the monthly cost is £13 per month due to a perk with work. A Pro would have been great but that stainless steel finish has put me right off, especially after seeing the damage sustained by the display models. My phone is like a tiny iPad pro and I’m very happy with the finish.

Charging wise the phone works fine on my Pixel Stand and I’m happy for it to charge at a lower speed to help preserve the battery. iOS 14 looks great on this too, I set it up as a new device and have new apps appear in app library only so there aren’t endless virtual screens full of icons. The app library learns very quickly and I’m very happy with the layout. Being a google apps user I’ve turned off google sync for everything except mail and contacts, iOS and iCloud manages everything else except those.

It’s really refreshing to be back on iOS, after using apps on this I’ve realised how buggy a lot of them are on Android and it’s disappointing that the devs aren’t putting in as much effort on Android development. I just need my watch now but that’s not due until November unfortunately. I’m going to buy one of these for the watch charger and pixel stand to free up some sockets and then I’ll be all set.

Back
Top Bottom