• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 prices creeping up daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The problem isn't the pricing, the problem is the PRICE of people paying stupid amount for something with 8gb Vram slower than a PS5 for more money and extra on power bill as they are overly power hungry...as usual the problem isn't the thieving manufacturer but the consumers, same as with politician, the problem is the people. :)

I agree. Founders RRP is just about bearable.

Caporegime
Are there any parallels to this scenario, whereby retailers are at liberty to charge what they like irrespective of the manufacturer's suggested price, but then also inflate them to this degree?

I'm sure there are, I just can't think of them.

It's a shame, but I refuse to buy in this market so I'll wait however long it takes for things to calm down, and if that's never, I'll withdraw from PC gaming and get a console, though I guess they'll also be gouged when they're out.

Associate
Are there any parallels to this scenario, whereby retailers are at liberty to charge what they like irrespective of the manufacturer's suggested price, but then also inflate them to this degree?

It's a shame, but I refuse to buy in this market so I'll wait however long it takes for things to calm down, and if that's never, I'll withdraw from PC gaming and get a console, though I guess they'll also be gouged when they're out.

Consoles can often be bought direct from the Manufacturer, like MS sell the Xbox directly, so gouging is not as likely there.

fx1

fx1

Associate
Well OCUK put the price of the extreme 3080 Aorus to £940. £40 above RRP before they even shipped a single unit.

Soldato

It's very rare I buy stuff straight away for a couple of reasons
1 is the price inflation at launch
2 the reliability of product the little bugs that always come with new tech wait a few months most the bugs have been sorted and the price has dropped down as well so win win

Soldato
The problem isn't the pricing, the problem is the PRICE of people paying stupid amount for something with 8gb Vram slower than a PS5 for more money and extra on power bill as they are overly power hungry...as usual the problem isn't the thieving manufacturer but the consumers, same as with politician, the problem is the people. :)

ZtJq2fK.gif.png

Associate
I see ÓC is back to their price gauging ways.

Happens every time, every release, and you suckers fall for it.

"We will have the most stock.."
"The exchange rate was bad at the time...sorry..."
"Free haribos and delivery...."

Followed by a couple of pictures of boxes and ppl go nuts.

There is a reason gibbo drives a Ferrari. And it ain't because he Magnum PI.

Just don't buy anything above RRP 469£. Simple.

Permabanned
It is close enough hence the :s only around £100/year different.

No it isn't. Based on your figures you are just looking at the difference in terms of year 0 gross salary multiplied by either 1.09 as opposed to 1.03x1.03x1.03 and have equated this to about a £100 difference in end of year 3 gross. You have not factored in that your year 2 and year 3 gross will be less as you have not had an increase at all for these years.... Based on the compounding difference being £100 I anticipate your salary to be around £35,000 so the lack of year 2 and year 3 increase could be costing you just over £2000 in gross over the 3 year period.... After tax I anticipate this to probably be around the cost of a 3090.

Hate to break it to you but your employee has absolutely mugged you off with this system. Given staff turn over rates I would not be surprised if this system ensures actual salary increase the company has to stump up are below inflation.

Soldato
I won't be paying above rrp that's for sure. I'm not so desperate for a new video card that I'll pay through the nose for one. I'll wait until they're readily available and priced fairly. If nvidia are insistent on ripping me off, I'll go AMD this time.

Soldato
What is going on with the preorder pricing of the 3070's?

I check them regularly, and they just keep on going up and up and up..?

Yea we know supply/demand is completely screwed up atm, but still.. they are nearly £100 above RRP now!

£500+ for a "mid range" card is completely bonkers.

It seems no matter how high Nvidia price these things, they sell out on launch every single time, so they just whack the prices up again for the next gen.

I paid £400 for my 1070 on launch, now you're telling me I've gotta drop £500+ to get a 3070..? Never seen a price rise that bad for the "same tier" of card in ANY previous xx70 generation.

I was originally excited for the 3000 series release like everyone else, but the prices have gone completely mad. Surely the bubble has got to burst at some point.. right..? At what point will these things no longer sell?!?!

I would love to get a card that can actually handle 4k/60fps but when it's significantly cheaper to get a complete next-gen console than a single graphics card, that's messed up imo..

Long gone are the days of getting a decent mid-range card for £200 :-\

I got my GTX970 for £300

Man of Honour
No it isn't. Based on your figures you are just looking at the difference in terms of year 0 gross salary multiplied by either 1.09 as opposed to 1.03x1.03x1.03 and have equated this to about a £100 difference in end of year 3 gross. You have not factored in that your year 2 and year 3 gross will be less as you have not had an increase at all for these years.... Based on the compounding difference being £100 I anticipate your salary to be around £35,000 so the lack of year 2 and year 3 increase could be costing you just over £2000 in gross over the 3 year period.... After tax I anticipate this to probably be around the cost of a 3090.

Hate to break it to you but your employee has absolutely mugged you off with this system. Given staff turn over rates I would not be surprised if this system ensures actual salary increase the company has to stump up are below inflation.

True I'd forgot about year 2 and 3 still being paid at the starting figure.

Not really my employer mugging me off though it has just happened to work out that way and lucky of late to get any pay increase at all.

Soldato
You can only blame yourselves for paying the high prices. Iv gone from upgrading most years to maybe once every 3 or 4.
I had a 670 now have a 1660 I think I might skip 3000 series completely and wait until next year and even then wait until the prices fall.

Associate
I see ÓC is back to their price gauging ways.

Happens every time, every release, and you suckers fall for it.

"We will have the most stock.."
"The exchange rate was bad at the time...sorry..."
"Free haribos and delivery...."

Followed by a couple of pictures of boxes and ppl go nuts.

There is a reason gibbo drives a Ferrari. And it ain't because he Magnum PI.

Just don't buy anything above RRP 469£. Simple.

^^ This in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom