• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
If AMD play it right everything will shift to them this time with the GPUs (not to mentioned the 5000 sure win), AMD have a lot of eggs in at least 2 baskets.
NVidia only starting to move out of GPUs with their latest acquisitions, they need to be worried.

Associate
I can't believe that you'd consider giving a company which you admit has screwed you over even more money! If it were me I'd stick two fingers up at them and buy the product from one of their competitors and make sure I didn't buy anything from them again!
You're right, it's pretty depraved of me but my choices right now are limited to keeping this order, praying it'll come soonish or cancelling and becoming an F5 warrior with other retailers. But I'll be holding out on my preorder for now and looking for an EVGA or MSI somewhere.

Associate
WAIT HOLD UP!

Why are AIB's trying to make OC cards when the GPU itself crashes going above 2Ghz?

thats not an issue anymore, it was a overly aggressive vbios they have nurfed via driver fix's anyone trying to push their card to hard will still get a crash,
and the cards are still oc' compaired to base spec.

as for why they are going for oc over regular, well i think they are yielding better bins and oc cards are more desirable ?! not sure about that one

Soldato
What’s even more disgusting is the fact that OCUK are still allowing pre orders for the non OC Asus cards when they know full well they aren’t in production, so anyone that’s not a member on here has no idea they will wait until the middle of next year for a card

Associate
So I'm guessing if AIB's are putting out more OC's. If they end up shipping hundreds of OC cards will OCUK contact us non OC day 1 orders have the ability to pay extra to get the cards before 2021?

From what Gibbon has told us it sounds like AIB's have given up trying to make what is being ordered and got greedy while ******* everyone off.

Associate
If some people are so desperate to get 3080 in their hands then competitors website states that they are expecting some cards which outstanding orders is 0 therefore they are going to be available to order :) confirmed.

Associate
The OC and non-OC are practically the same card, both will boost to about the same level after adjustment.
The only real difference is ASUS and retailers make a larger £££ margin on the OC model.
Yeah, the way I understand it is better yields guarantee you higher clocks and even the non-OC products can be OC'd it does not mean it is going to be stable

Associate
Pretty rubbish news for the non OC Asus TUF. There was me thinking "ah it wont be so bad, im 134 in the queue"

I am tempted to cancel and just try the random lottery for the ones that come into stock elsewhere. Although that might prove less successful.

Permabanned
If some people are so desperate to get 3080 in their hands then competitors website states that they are expecting some cards which outstanding orders is 0 therefore they are going to be available to order :) confirmed.

No they are doing the nice thing and calling their customers who are already in a queue and offering them an alternative that is in stock. That is how I got my 3080 last Saturday.

Associate
Pretty rubbish news for the non OC Asus TUF. There was me thinking "ah it wont be so bad, im 134 in the queue"

I am tempted to cancel and just try the random lottery for the ones that come into stock elsewhere. Although that might prove less successful.

Pretty much here. If mine doesn't show up before CyberPunk it'll be an AMD for me even though I kinda don't want to because pretty sure it won't be as good as a 3080. plus I'll be losing features going with AMD as I'm using my GPU for inhome streaming using MoonLight.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No they are doing the nice thing and calling their customers who are already in a queue and offering them an alternative that is in stock. That is how I got my 3080 last Saturday.
Yeah I doubt OcUK will be doing that though and even if they did they will be like that will be an extra £200 on top please. **** that.

Back
Top Bottom