How to escape this island post Brexit?

Soldato
Hi. i am born and lived in london all my life and i want to jump ship to live and work in mainland europe.

my question is how do i achieve this post brexit:

I heard that for example, in germany, if i land a job paying 55k+ i can live there for good as they give out visa's .

What about other places?

i was looking to leave in feb but covid-19 happened so i am waiting for the dust to settle a bit.

I work in tech so commanding 55k+ will be fine for my experience.

How would i logistically move my stuff to anywhere in mainland europe? i Live in a flat and wanna bring as much as i can.

maybe fill a full moving van truck. well almost.

Its me and my partner that will move.

I have a few valuable tech stuff i need to move like desktops, one tv, surround sound setup/avr system, 3 cycling bikes, few furnitures, clothes and camera gear.

Hire a man in a van to drive all the way from here to germnay/france/holland etc? or goes in a crate in a ferry?

Man of Honour
For anything which can be replaced when over there I'd just sell it and buy again when you arrive. But for valuable items look into getting it shipped there. Can't be too difficult to find a shipping company.

Unless you're very rich or have parents in the country you'll most likely need to get a job from a company which will sponsor you. What skills do you have which the 'natives' might not?

It's for this very reason, especially for my kids, that when weighing up the pro's and con's of Brexit I voted to remain. Sad times :(

Soldato
Plan C - Find a new European partner and get married :D

As for me, I could technically get an Italian passport for me and my family. Once Brexit lands lets see what the options are :)

Soldato
It's for this very reason, especially for my kids, that when weighing up the pro's and con's of Brexit I voted to remain. Sad times :(

Without turning this into a Brexit debate thread, i think this is one of the big things that got overlooked. How easy it was in the past to just apply for a job anywhere in Europe and have very little red tape to navigate through.

I know in my company we have a good few people from the continent, and this adds to the workplace culture, some of the best days have been when they've organised food events from all the different countries. Will be quite a sad scene in 10-15 years when that culture has faded away.

Associate
I'd just drive your stuff out - the bits of Europe you sound like you'd move to aren't that far away at all.
'escape the island' is a bit dramatic though? what are you escaping from & why do you think living in Europe will provide refuge from that?

OP is a glowing endorsement of the British education system.

Absolutely. It has provided him with the tools to realise that the United Kingdom will be at a loss post Brexit both economically and socially, so much so that his only sensible alternative is to leave the wreckage behind and move to a move successful, progressive and inclusive country than the UK.

Caporegime
just call any number of moving companies and get a quote. That is the easy part. Depending on your job your employer might pay your moving expenses.

Back
Top Bottom