• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
lol

Expect there will be plenty of cancelled 3080's if a Ti appears soon.

Cant buy cards that dont sell due to nvidia cant produce them thanks to a broken samsung 8nm node.

The only choice is AMD Big Navis, the better option for anyone that plays at 1080p and 1440p and widescreen and 4k.
The Better Option combined with the new ryzen 5000 series the fastest processor in human history for gaming
AMD makes you enjoy gaming without robbing you blind

Soldato
Ah, I see. That's probable then.
But it's still unfortunate there isn't much difference between RT on vs off though.

and Dat performance hit

only 4k 30fps on a rtx3090 without dlss

4k No dlss No rtx = 60fps
4k dlss quality No rtx = 90fps
4k No dlss rtx On = 30fps
4k dlss quality rtx On = 50fps

Soldato
No so sure. depends on price. If the 3080ti is £999 which means Asus cards are £1200 then thats a big jump up for somebody in the queue for a £700 3080. However I think almost every 3090 preorder would be binned. Save £500 for 5% less perfromance? No brainer.

The thing is we always joke in the tech community that whatever you buy is already out of date. But it would be nice to actually receive that product you’ve bought first and use it before it gets replaced... :D

I guess they want to protect the price of the 3090?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well if AMD gets close to an RTX3080 that is pretty solid IMHO,and anything extra is a bonus!

Considering nvidia thrashed the ass out of it taking up the TDP, strapped monster cooling to them, I think if they had conservatively clocked them, AMD would have beaten them pretty much. I will finish off, if they didnt have DLSS and RTX to evade the flak they would be in serious trouble (with non mindshare public).

The thing is we always joke in the tech community that whatever you buy is already out of date. But it would be nice to actually receive that product you’ve bought first and use it before it gets replaced... :D

Me too, this time round I want in early, the vega was nice card I got two years ago but waiting for its price drop meant losing a long time without its performance (I upgraded from 290X essentially with a dabble on a 1060 thats in my server machine now).

and Dat performance hit

only 4k 30fps on a rtx3090 without dlss

This to me is why you could expect a Turing and lower end card to even try this.. lol

Soldato
Like the Xbox series X then ;)

No doubt they wont be the same settings, can't compare them directly until we know what graphic settings the console uses. Has Ubisoft even released any Series X gameplay with Ray Tracing enabled or is it all PC gameplay?

Shall wait for digital foundry to dig it out, can't wait for the launch week content.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
No doubt they wont be the same settings, can't compare them directly until we know what graphic settings the console uses. Has Ubisoft even released any Series X gameplay with Ray Tracing enabled or is it all PC gameplay?

Shall wait for digital foundry to dig it out, can't wait for the launch week content.

I said it a bit tongue in cheek hence the winky face ;)

It is pretty much guaranteed the PC 4k/30 will have better settings than console.

Whether they will be significantly better visually will have to wait, but for a whole system for £450 I personally would sacrifice some fidelity for saving over £1500 over PC.

Associate
ElTNtmaU0AISMLO

Soldato
lol

Expect there will be plenty of cancelled 3080's if a Ti appears soon.

Haha, just as 3080 cards start ramping up in availability, everyone will cancel and order a 3080Ti which won't be available and the circus will start all over again.

What time is the reveal/launch tomorrow and what exactly are we expecting, just an announcement or actual independent reviews?

Permabanned
its a no brainer if its sub £1000

£999 vs £649? Not worth it as it's not a card you will keep once Hopper/RDNA3 launches.

Haha, just as 3080 cards start ramping up in availability, everyone will cancel and order a 3080Ti which won't be available and the circus will start all over again.

Because the jump from 60FPS to 64 is worth it?

Associate
Yeah God of War and Uncharted 4 were sooo unplayable.

Hahaha get over yourself man.

How unfortunate that people let themselves get so clouded by the framerate moaning that they cant appreciate a good game. Gameplay seems secondary to lot of people. They seem to prefer spending 15 minutes in a menu then an hour constantly looking at a little number in the corner of a screen.

"i just cant sacrifice". Its hilarious how serious this supposedly relaxing experience is for people.
I had all versions on PS4 from launch and both versions of Pro.
I’m not talking about 4-5 heavily polished exclusives they had during 8 years.

you go play AAA third party multiplatform games like Witcher,Red Dead,Far Cry,Assassins,Battlefield,etc etc on PS4 Pro and compare them to a decent PC experience.

the PS4 Pro at 30 fps and bellow feels so sluggish and slow with detail missing make it unenjoyable.

You simply can’t go back from high frame rate ,high detail to even 60fps let alone 25-30 fps on PS4 Pro or Xbox.

Associate
Very weak source though, won't pay any attention to that

Not to mention there would be zero reason for Nvidia to ready a 3070ti and a 3080ti as rumored if that lot was true... would be pointless in them wasting the time and money as they would already dominate the market without needing those additional cards.

Associate
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom