*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
I cancelled my Elite strap with battery order from oculus. At first they said that due to its shipping status it couldn't be cancelled but I could return it when I receive it. I questioned that as I haven't been charged yet and had no shipping email and they responded ' my mistake, I've now cancelled it ' so question them if you get the same response I did initially. I'm just going to wait and see what the 3rd party manufacturers come up with.

Wow, the last time I posted here was 11 years ago!! :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
I canceled mine as there was to many broken reports and the case seems just as bad. Would be interested to hear your take on it when you get it.

I was in 2 minds as well but the way I saw it was there isn't anything out right now, which includes a battery that's better (MacGyver solutions excluded) and if there is an issue with mine I'll replace it. If it is recalled and an updated version released I'll just exchange to that one. I agree with the case though, that is a waste of money and I wish you could buy the strap separately.

Last edited:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I've bought my self a cable compatible for pcvr, my pc does not have a mini usb. Can anyone recommend an adapter that might work or a PCIE usb card?

Soldato
I've bought my self a cable compatible for pcvr, my pc does not have a mini usb. Can anyone recommend an adapter that might work or a PCIE usb card?

What do you mean by "mini usb", do you actually mean USB-C, which is what the quest uses, or you've managed to buy a USB-C to mini usb cable, in which case I would return it, or just return it anyway and get a usb-a to USB-C which would be the correct cable

Associate
I've just opened a ticket for my quest 2. There seems to be a dim line down the center of the right eye. It's easiest to see by closing the left eye and moving around, it's like a slightly darker section of the display. I'm sure they'll try to say it's sunlight damage but it really hasn't been anywhere near direct sunlight or even bright indoor lighting. It's not horrendous and I'm sure some people wouldn't even notice it but now I've spotted it I can't un-see it. Anyone else had issues like this?

Soldato
I've just opened a ticket for my quest 2. There seems to be a dim line down the center of the right eye. It's easiest to see by closing the left eye and moving around, it's like a slightly darker section of the display. I'm sure they'll try to say it's sunlight damage but it really hasn't been anywhere near direct sunlight or even bright indoor lighting. It's not horrendous and I'm sure some people wouldn't even notice it but now I've spotted it I can't un-see it. Anyone else had issues like this?

No, but for a few days I did think mine was faulty as a red dot kept appearing. Turns out it's a casting notification light lol

I will check mine though for any faint lines.

Soldato

Valve news streamer rants about the Quest 2, because it out-competes the Index due to its price, resolution, wireless ability, and availability from stores.

He wanted to criticise it but says it's better than the Index, and a lot of that is due to the software backend.

Soldato

Valve news streamer rants about the Quest 2, because it out-competes the Index due to its price, resolution, wireless ability, and availability from stores.

He wanted to criticise it but says it's better than the Index, and a lot of that is due to the software backend.

Well, these Youtubers do like to rant a lot on the latest thing.

As for better than the Index. Not so sure. But it's good enough that there is no bad choice between the two. With the Reverb G2 incoming, is there any reason to even consider an Index anymore?

Soldato
As for better than the Index. Not so sure. But it's good enough that there is no bad choice between the two. With the Reverb G2 incoming, is there any reason to even consider an Index anymore?

FOV and refresh rate are generally the two biggest advantages of the Index headset. The Index controllers are far better than the G2 controllers too, though I wouldn't say they're massively better than the Quest 2 touch controllers, at least not in any way that makes a huge difference in gameplay.

Associate
My Amazon order for the elite strap with battery is out for delivery today apparently.

Just installed the elite strap with battery and all ok so far. Nice detail now shows you the battery status of the internal and external batteries when power switch is depressed. Comfort level is much better, just have to give the rubber cup a tweak at the back to pop it on and then give the wheel a few turns.

Case does not seem too bad, i'm using it to store my old Go unit so won't be over using the zipper. They have for style over function though as the zipper does seem like it won't take too much punishment.

Amazon delivery driver left it outside my garage though!

Associate
The Elite strap is ok just remember to undo it fully and lift it straight off your head...don't try to pull it off from the front like you would the Quest 1.

Associate
Ive seen that you can use the valve index deluxe audio strap on the quest2 with a little adaptor kit, anyonw know if thats more comfortable than the official quest2 elite strap?

Soldato
Ive seen that you can use the valve index deluxe audio strap on the quest2 with a little adaptor kit, anyonw know if thats more comfortable than the official quest2 elite strap?

I would say there are very few people in the world who could answer this. The amount of people who have tried both must be tiny.

Try them both and let us know :p

Associate
I think with the elite strap you just need to remind yourself when taking it off to loosen the wheel at the back. I’ve just gone to take mine off and forgot but no damage done but this is how it is going to get damaged.

Soldato
Same here, any problems and it'll be returned over the counter :)

depending on which store and how you paid, don't expect it to be that easy - a lot of stores have crap staff and will even call the police on you if you try to return stuff and state your legal rights in a calm and polite manner
you actually get more protection buying online and particularly by credit card

if you walk in to a shop with a "damaged" item and start demanding a refund, they may well just say that they believe YOU damaged it and try to end it there

Soldato
Ok, have been playing the Beat Saber demo for the past week and I really enjoy the game. Been deciding whether to buy it on the Quest or on the PC. Then I read about Until you Fall and that caught my interest as well, no demo to play though. Anyway last night I had decided I was going to buy one or the other and loaded up the store and scrolled down to the must have VR experiences and bought........

Pistol whip!! haha

What a game!! It's much more complex than the Trailer and screenshots suggest. When you pull off some good kills in a row, you feel like a real badass :) John Wick Style :p

Back
Top Bottom