How to stop YouTube from asking me to sign in

Caporegime
I’m sorry you think that making a stand against companies forcing certain undesirable behaviours is ‘petulant’. I’d prefer to send the message that it’s not cool to force people to sign in or pester them over and over.

Its the same reason I jump through hoops to create a local account when reinstalling windows 10.

It's their product. If they want to make you stand on your head before using it that's the price you pay.

Caporegime
Of course they can, just no one would do it. Making me sign is is my ‘won’t do it’ so I either need a workaround or I’ll go somewhere else that doesn’t do that.

What do you think they would do?

1 - They have no idea you click no.
2 - They have no idea you are frustrated.
3 - They actually want you to be frustrated so you click Sign In.
4 - They are now exactly where they want you.
5 - You keep clicking No.
6 - They have no idea.
7 - You are still frustrated
8 - You are still wasting your time
9 - They don't know and they don't care
10 - You keep wasting your time thinking you are "winning"

Insanity is when doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Soldato
OP
What do you think they would do?

1 - They have no idea you click no.
2 - They have no idea you are frustrated.
3 - They actually want you to be frustrated so you click Sign In.
4 - They are now exactly where they want you.
5 - You keep clicking No.
6 - They have no idea.
7 - You are still frustrated
8 - You are still wasting your time
9 - They don't know and they don't care
10 - You keep wasting your time thinking you are "winning"

Insanity is when doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Calm down, I’ll just wait until there’s something that’ll block it, it’s fine!

Man of Honour
We all know you don't like Google, so you can either live with it, or go off to Vimeo, ******** or dailymotion for you.

[Edit] Eh? I can't mention a site that is live for leaks, but the embed media function mentions it and probably embeds it just fine...

Soldato
The trouble I’ve found with hitting ‘nope’ each time is that the video then fails to play (with some obscure error message). I then have to force close the browser and open again at which point I can play the video.

It’s like it’s been designed to be as difficult as possible to use.

I don't get this, i just click "no thanks" and play the video without issue.

Soldato
In Ublock Origin options just enable all annoyance filters and all the privacy filters and all the ad filters. No more annoying prompts to sign in and all other annoyances, Youtube videos won't play automatically which is far better than jumping through loops everytime. Works with Adgaurd Adblocker too, just remember to go into details in Adgaurd and enable all filters, check manual filters updates now and again, Adgaurd manual filter updates are at the top in the filter section.

Associate
That feels like I’d be capitulating to how they want me to do things instead of being able to do things my way.

I’ll just continue pressing ‘nope’ and try and get any content elsewhere instead.

Shock and horror as product designed to be used in a certain way makes its users use it in a certain way.

Commissario
Has anyone suggested that the best way to stop YouTube asking you to sign in, is to actually sign in?

Oh wait, everyone (including me).

Sign in. I guarantee it'll never ask you to sign in again.

/thread

Back
Top Bottom