How to escape this island post Brexit?

Soldato
Are you good at learning foreign languages OP?

While many Germans in tech industries speak excellent English, you’ll want to make a good impression by at least having some basic German when you arrive.

Caporegime
Why does it have to be post Brexit? Why not before?

To your question: there are a huge number of companies who do exactly what you're talking about and under much more difficult and complicated circumstances. "I'd like to go to Europe, please" is not a particularly demanding request.

Caporegime
Absolutely. It has provided him with the tools to realise that the United Kingdom will be at a loss post Brexit both economically and socially, so much so that his only sensible alternative is to leave the wreckage behind and move to a move successful, progressive and inclusive country than the UK.

Yet it hasn't provided him with the ability to string a sentence together.

Caporegime
Fly to Libya, buy a dingy. Row out into the Med, wait for somebody to bring you to Italy.

He's running scared of Brexit and you think he's going to try any of that? it'll be all talk anyway nearly the entire US population of celebrities said they'd move to Canada if Trump got elected, it's just a modern day tantrum from people who cannot accept they lost a Democratic vote.

Soldato
From what I’ve heard Germany isn’t the most friendly country (obviously compared to other more friendly countries) for ex-pats.

Soldato
Hire a man in a van to drive all the way from here to germnay/france/holland etc? or goes in a crate in a ferry?
good employer will give removal expenses (tax deductible), as commented.
Personally used Abels, who stored(crated) goods in the interim, since you might be living out of a suitcase, initially, in De.
I'd consider exporting your car too, if its in good nic (easier than suitcase), especially if headlights are ambidextrous.

Caporegime
Ok brilliant thanks

Germany huh? In that case, start watching as much German telly as you can. They dub everything so you can watch your favourite films in German so you know the context and learn it like that. Then practice practice practice. I learned Dutch like that and confuse the hell out of Dutch people when I go to Holland with the ease with which I swap between fluent Amsterdam's Dutch and English.

Back
Top Bottom