LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
I finally pulled the trigger on one of these, thanks to all the info in this thread. I'm going to use it for office work and gaming. I also grabbed a Sanus VTS1 for it. I had a look at the Fitueyes one but I think buying a cheap 20 quid stand made of glass to hold a 1400 quid TV is not a smart move.

Associate
Someone I trust just answered my questions. Do not watch Netflix and Prime through a PC. Use the apps on the tv. The pc displaying DV and Amazon prime HDR will not work. So use a pc only for production + Gaming, but not to watch TV.

Soldato
I finally pulled the trigger on one of these, thanks to all the info in this thread. I'm going to use it for office work and gaming. I also grabbed a Sanus VTS1 for it. I had a look at the Fitueyes one but I think buying a cheap 20 quid stand made of glass to hold a 1400 quid TV is not a smart move.

The Fitueyes stand is cheaper (less than half the price lol), but built like a tank and supports TV's of 40KG

The stand you bought, Sanus VTS1, suports TV's of up to 27kg....

You don't always get what you pay for :p Nonetheless, the TV is 14.9KG, so won't matter either way.

Soldato
The Fitueyes stand is cheaper (less than half the price lol), but built like a tank and supports TV's of 40KG

You don't always get what you pay for :p Nonetheless, the TV is 14.9KG, so won't matter either way.

I simply ordered the Sanus stand because it looks better, £30 extra isn’t going to break the bank when you’re dropping £1500 on a screen.:p

Soldato
I simply ordered the Sanus stand because it looks better, £30 extra isn’t going to break the bank when you’re dropping £1500 on a screen.:p

I see a possible problem is you're not getting it flush to the wall if you are needing the extra screen distance. Swivel is a very hand option though. If not just for setting up and putting cables in the thing!

Associate

Fitueyes stand is cheaper, and clams it can support a 40KG in glass but the Sanus VTS1 is all metal no glass and it can only support 27KG,!! And Fitueyes use tempered glass 5x times stronger then regular glass but not metal the only glass stronger than steel is metallic glass and Fitueyes don't use that if they did the price would change,:p

Last edited:
Associate
yeah personally I think it's hard to recommend if there's a lot of general use going on, I think it's just too big even at 48"
You think a 48inch is big than try a 55innch I have and some of my friends has 65inch just to use PC gaming on I am jealous because they have a bigger screen than me Lol:D

Associate
Try Planet Earth on Netflix. It looks jaw dropping in DV on the TCL 6 series. Now try it through the PC by opening up Netflix through Google chrome, signing in and watching. On my PC monitors it looks dull and muted. Granted the monitors are HDR 400, and the TCL has 800+ nits.

But your TCL 6 series is not OLED and on a OLED Planet Earth 4K would shock you:p

Last edited:
Associate
Fitueyes stand is cheaper, and clams it can support a 40KG in glass but the Sanus VTS1 is all metal no glass and it can only support 27KG,!! And Fitueyes use tempered glass 5x times stronger then regular glass but not metal the only glass stronger than steel is metallic glass and Fitueyes don't use that if they did the price would change,:p

I found reviews on amazon of the fitueyes stand (or a clone) breaking - one review had pictures showing the glass shattered. So I call BS on the 40kg :). You have me rethinking my choice though - if I can get away with the fitueyes stand I'd prefer it as it's smaller than the Sanus stand and my desk space is precious. The use of glass though definitely scares me.

Here is one example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/custome...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B075FN4GH5. It's not the fitueyes, but looks basically identical with "8mm tempered glass supporting up to 40kgs". 9 months of stress and the entire base exploded. TBF it could have been over tightened bolts on the glass base.

Last edited:
Associate
How is everyone using it wall mounted or sitting on desk and what mounts or stands, I was planning on putting an ikea kallax unit behind my desk and sitting it on there ?

Associate
Not sure anyone noticed, but this went in stock yesterday at JL around 8pm and sold out around 12pm. I cancelled my Curry's order and got one from there instead with Protect Plus. It said 55 had been bought when I bought one of the last 3. So probably had around 60 in stock. They go really fast from JL! I hope I'm not going to regret it if prices drop in a few weeks due to BF (I can't see that happening though unless it's Curry's which seems to have infinite stock). I had signed up for JL notifications on this so I recommend doing the same if you want one w/ the burn in protection. I also got the 100 e-gift card and the FN4 earphones for free. :)

Back
Top Bottom