• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 prices creeping up daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The release date for 3070 was moved by 2-3 weeks to spoil the AMDs party, and to gather a more substantial stock inventory.

All of those failed 3080/90 dies will be 3070.

3070FE could launch with decent stock.

If that happens, AMD will be deep down stream without a paddle.

Soldato
3070 is looking quite decent.

Pros

• Effectively matches RTX 2080 Ti for less than half the price.
  • Upwards of 50% faster than the RTX 2070.
  • Current market leader in terms of cost per frame.
  • Improved overclocking compared to the RTX 3080.
  • More power efficient compared to the 20-series.
  • Founders Edition is beautiful and runs cool and quiet.
Cons

• Some may be concerned about the 8GB framebuffer.
  • RDNA 2 is days away, so some may want to wait and see what AMD has to offer.
Edit: that was Kitguru's summary

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...s/nvidia-rtx-3070-founders-edition-review/31/

Soldato
Agreed.
Too many suckers that think they owe OCUK their loyalty.

This. They think Mr. Ferrari is their "mate", suckers. It's so tragic to see this level of sycophancy, what is wrong with people these days? a retailer who is gouging the **** off them time and time again is their friend now?

Unbelievable.

Soldato
Reviews out now. GN, Jay and HU all have uploaded.

Quickly skimming through the reviews & the charts. Seems to be a case of between the 2080 Super & 2080ti with it being closer to either depending on the game & resolution. To me that's alright, but not great. Excluding Turing architecturally we've seen the *70 series of cards match or just beat the previous high end ti sku, however that is still not the case. And it is still an expensive chip at similar to 2070 Super pricing.

Soldato
Looks good. FE 3070 for £469 is looking good.

New wave of 2080TI for sale on ebay atm.

Now stock....I think that will be much better. We might be suprised.

Seeing as it's crippled in a number of titles at 4k with it's pathetic 8GB of vram, I don't think 2080ti owners are in a rush to sell, especially seeing Nvidia can't even supply the market. Anther fail launch on the way.

Associate
You can only blame yourselves for paying the high prices.

I get your point but how do you know if significant portions of the OCUK community are buying the cards at inflated prices? I have never bought a card above RRP for example. It’s a minority of proper enthusiasts that will buy them whatever the cost.

Associate
Seeing as it's crippled in a number of titles at 4k with it's pathetic 8GB of vram, I don't think 2080ti owners are in a rush to sell, especially seeing Nvidia can't even supply the market. Anther fail launch on the way.

https://tpucdn.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-founders-edition/images/average-fps_3840-2160.png

YEAP 2080 TI is dead. Same perf 53W less than 2080ti.

https://tpucdn.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-founders-edition/images/power-gaming-average.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom