• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
I don't mind it now it's growing on me, still wish it was black however that will be in sons room and he has a decent tv unit with plenty of space, it's obvious they will bring out a slim model at some point but after hearing how loud our PS4 Pro is I'm glad they've focused on cooling despite the ridiculous size. It shows how well MS have done to get the cooling so good in such a small box.

Soldato
It's 2 very different strategies to achieve effective cooling, spaced out components and moving a large volume of air vs a more intracate design in a smaller package. Which will be better? Probably neither, they'll both be very, very good.

Man of Honour
ElVY9mMXYAIkFFc

It's a big chonker!

It’s such a grotesque piece of equipment though. I’ve preordered one, and thankfully can hide it away, but do not understand why it has to be flashy and ugly. The Xbox is by far the more attractive looking console, but I went with the PS5 as the gaming experience is ultimately what matters, and that’s where it is ahead of the Xbox imo

The choice of white panels, the glossy black, the angles, all of it is horrid. Not one good design choice was made when that was signed off

Associate
Yep. Same here. Looks great !

The looks are certainly divisive and a great talking point. Personally, I think it looks great and will hopefully sit nicely in the middle of my Ikea AV BYAS cabinet. Else, my stereo speakers either side the TV are going to have to go and it can take place stood up next to it. Either way I can't wait. It's going to be a long three week wait - still can't get over the fact the US get it a week earlier :(

Soldato
Toss up between PS3, PS5 and Series S for "ugliest console of modern times". Though at least the black spot on Series S will be hidden in most TV cabinets. With PS5, I don't object to the size so much as the look. Size-wise, it's still pretty compact compared to even a SFF gaming PC. But aesthetically, it's just ugly. Especially the version with the disc drive. Somehow it actually looks worse "in the flesh" than it did in renders.

I'm looking forward to seeing the PS5 Slim in 3-ish years. Hopefully it looks more like a piece of AV gear, and less like a cheap ornament out of B&M.

Caporegime
I'm guessing companies could release covers that change the overall shape as well as the colour.

It's pretty ugly but I couldn't care less, I can't remember any of my consoles being visible in my setup and if they were, who am I trying to impress? It will lay flat on my draw unit under my desk.
I reckon a lot of people are going to be channelling their inner Fritzl and be hiding it out of sight. My AV equipment is all black and my OCD won't allow me to mix and match regardless of how it looks.

Associate
It’s such a grotesque piece of equipment though. I’ve preordered one, and thankfully can hide it away, but do not understand why it has to be flashy and ugly. The Xbox is by far the more attractive looking console, but I went with the PS5 as the gaming experience is ultimately what matters, and that’s where it is ahead of the Xbox imo

The choice of white panels, the glossy black, the angles, all of it is horrid. Not one good design choice was made when that was signed off
I HATED it at first. It's definitely growing on me though now.

Back
Top Bottom