Android Auto not connecting? Android 10 issue?

Soldato
Hi,

I have a Huawei P30 Pro and I'm trying to connect Android Auto to my new car (2020 new Peugeot 208 GT Line).

It won't connect and shows me this screen on the LCD screen in the car:-

androidauto1.jpg

Having Googled this, some folk say Android Auto will not work on most devices running Android 10. And yet some folk say they are running Android 10 on their P30 and AA works fine? I've tried removing the version of Android Auto on the phone and replacing it with an earlier version APK but it still doesn't seem to want to connect. And strangely enough every time I try and install a version of Android Auto on the phone now, although it is installed as I think a system app, its not showing up anywhere on the phone screen other than in the app settings section on the phone.

Any assistance hugely appreciated, this is driving me nuts.

Associate
Bit of an apples to oranges but my Xaomi mi A2 is android 10 and AA is working with my Mazda 3, I can't see android 10 being an issue, the interface your car would use to connect should have not been broken, if it was then that would be pretty poor on Google's part.

Not sure if stating obvious but wasn't clear from your post, have you tried changing the phone settings in your cars entertainment system as per the instructions? If so and still no go, it might be worth a complete reset of the car entertainment system to factory to have a fresh setup both sides.

Soldato
I'm not entirely 100% this is the issue, but from that error message and a little research it appears the car has two interfaces for controlling your phone: mirror link and Android Auto.

Looking at Mirror Link's website, it doesn't list Audi car models and I have an A4 that works with Android Auto, so that rules out Android Auto using the Mirror Link technology. Therefore looks like they're competing standards.

I can't see any options on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2) to specify connection mode, but perhaps you can play with the default USB mode? The one where you select charging onto, PTP or MTP as the default modes? Try different options. These settings may be in developer options as I can't see them on my phone when searching settings.

Soldato
OP
Thanks all, little update. Yesterday there was a small update to the Huawei EMUI pushed out and in the details/changelog it mentioned something rather vague about 'Improving compatibility with third party applications'.

I connected the phone to the car this morning and it ran me through the initial setup for AA, connected and it now appears to be working fine. At last! :cool::)

Associate
I hadn't realised there was two different ways to interface, I will readup on mirror link. I would like to see an open standard and frameworks for this kind of stuff! Anyway glad you got it sorted :)

Soldato
OP
I hadn't realised there was two different ways to interface, I will readup on mirror link. I would like to see an open standard and frameworks for this kind of stuff! Anyway glad you got it sorted :)

Cheers, yes I'm glad its resolved. That said, I don't see WhatsApp as an app in the list within AA, it used to be in there did it not? I'm not sure if notifications of WhatsApp messages still come through AA, anyone know? If indeed they do, can you reply via voice commands?

Also, Waze when I try running that keeps telling me 'It looks like Waze hasn't been setup for the 1st time yet. Please open Waze on your phone and complete the setup process' even though I've already done that? Uninstalled Waze and reinstalled then ran through the setup again but the same message still shows for some strange reason. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom