*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Associate
I'm tempted with a braided solo loop this time around but feel I need to get hands on with one first, adds a bit more money tho so maybe wait for 3rd party copies to come out first?!

I tried on both the braided and silicone solo loops yesterday and found whilst the braided one is more aesthetically pleasing the silicone one is more comfortable by far.

I found even though the solo loop is comfortable when on, it was more of a pain getting them on and off compared to a normal buckle.

Given how much I want the apple watch for activity/sports tracking I think I'll grab a Nike band which dries a little faster post shower/activities.

Commissario
OP
I've noticed that my cheapie eBay straps really fade in bright sunlight. The blue one I had is practically grey now. The real Apple ones don't do that.
I know I posted this ages ago but I only just got around to taking a picture and you can definitely see where it's faded in the sunlight. I've spoilered the picture because it's so tall.

eVCIYOq.jpeg

Mind you, at about three quid compared to the Apple price, it's not really a great problem.

Nem

Nem

Associate
I bought one of the grey Nato style straps from UAG: https://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/apple-watch

Had it on since February and it's lasting incredibly well indeed. Only problem as such was being stung by import duty on the postage so be aware if buying direct from them.

001_IMG_7107.HEIC

001_IMG_7108.HEIC

001_IMG_7109.HEIC

001_IMG_7110.HEIC

001_IMG_7111.HEIC

Soldato
MMm, that's nice actually, might have a look on their site, didn't even think about UAG for my watch yet loved their stuff I've used in the past for my Surface stuff..

Associate
Been a few months since any new posts, just bought a series 5 and looking for some recommendations for decent sellers (Ali,eBay and the like) ?
Thanks

Soldato
I ended up buying a Milanese loop and a solo loop from these people - cost me £74 all in. https://thewatchstrap.co/.

Much more expensive than some of the other ones, but they have great reviews and are UK based, so if the strap breaks and smashes the watch I have somebody to have a go at! I'm not sure I'd want to risk a £350 smartwatch on a £3 piece of plastic from China. And it was still £25 less for the two straps than for the Milanese alone from Apple

Associate
I ended up buying a Milanese loop and a solo loop from these people - cost me £74 all in. https://thewatchstrap.co/.

Much more expensive than some of the other ones, but they have great reviews and are UK based, so if the strap breaks and smashes the watch I have somebody to have a go at! I'm not sure I'd want to risk a £350 smartwatch on a £3 piece of plastic from China. And it was still £25 less for the two straps than for the Milanese alone from Apple

Interested to see how prominent that WSC logo is on the end of the Milanese Loop when you get them.

Associate

Tried on chat twice to see what the warranty was for the black Milanese but they disconnected the chat session

Soldato
Tried on chat twice to see what the warranty was for the black Milanese but they disconnected the chat session

It's in their terms. They also limit liability to the amount you've paid. Not ideal, but they get decent reviews and are UK based which makes me a bit more comfortable.

• Goods are covered from the initial date of purchase by a 6 month, fixed period, limited warranty (proof of purchase required). This warranty covers defects in material or workmanship that have not resulted from wear and tear, misuse, accidents or any other damage whatsoever including any unauthorised repair / attempted repair by any third party other than The Watch Strap Co. This warranty is subject to the same terms and conditions that apply to faulty / defective goods – where these conditions have not been met, any warranty will be null and void.

Associate
It's in their terms. They also limit liability to the amount you've paid. Not ideal, but they get decent reviews and are UK based which makes me a bit more comfortable.

• Goods are covered from the initial date of purchase by a 6 month, fixed period, limited warranty (proof of purchase required). This warranty covers defects in material or workmanship that have not resulted from wear and tear, misuse, accidents or any other damage whatsoever including any unauthorised repair / attempted repair by any third party other than The Watch Strap Co. This warranty is subject to the same terms and conditions that apply to faulty / defective goods – where these conditions have not been met, any warranty will be null and void.
Thanks all I wanted to ask was how good the black coating was against scratching and fading

Associate
wow i would be disappointed if the Milanese was the main one i wanted and the solo loop was just added to the order

Soldato
wow i would be disappointed if the Milanese was the main one i wanted and the solo loop was just added to the order
Yeah a bit peeved. Called them at lunch and was told they'd call me back, have had nothing. I've emailed them saying that if it's not resolved this week I'll be claiming a chargeback through Amex.

Back
Top Bottom