• UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm guessing companies could release covers that change the overall shape as well as the colour.

I reckon a lot of people are going to be channelling their inner Fritzl and be hiding it out of sight. My AV equipment is all black and my OCD won't allow me to mix and match regardless of how it looks.

This is what I'm waiting on. Black covers, or a black version. My whole unit and equipment is all black.

Hopefully the black version is revision 2. That's when I'll order.

Soldato
The haptics sound extremely good - location sensitive haptic feedback/rumble/vibration, along with triggers that can create 'steps' and of course the pressure talked about before.

Soldato
Bit miffed that all these game patches for the PS4 first party games only seem to enable minor performance increases in PS5's Game Boost. So instead of God of War being updated to 4K60, it's stopping at 4K30 or 1080p60. What a damn shame.

30 vs 60fps doesn't make a massive difference (I know...can of worms....) in a SP title.

I'd rather they were spending their time on the next God of War than trying to get the 18 month old one from 30 to 60fps at 4k.

Soldato
Bit miffed that all these game patches for the PS4 first party games only seem to enable minor performance increases in PS5's Game Boost. So instead of God of War being updated to 4K60, it's stopping at 4K30 or 1080p60. What a damn shame. And "up to" doesn't even sound like it's going to be a locked 60 either.

It's a pity but they've also never said anything to the contrary, I think it's just that people got over-excited by what MS were doing and showing (the vast majority of the Series X coverage so far has been about Xbox One games after all) and assumed Sony's approach would be similar. For me, it's always seemed apparent that Sony's extent of implementing backwards compatibility was to get the games working and that's about it.

That's not to say that they can't or won't improve things via software updates later down the line though, but I won't personally hold my breath and I haven't pre-ordered a PS5 expecting my existing games catalogue to suddenly be transformed.

Associate
It's a pity but they've also never said anything to the contrary, I think it's just that people got over-excited by what MS were doing and showing (the vast majority of the Series X coverage so far has been about Xbox One games after all) and assumed Sony's approach would be similar. For me, it's always seemed apparent that Sony's extent of implementing backwards compatibility was to get the games working and that's about it.

That's not to say that they can't or won't improve things via software updates later down the line though, but I won't personally hold my breath and I haven't pre-ordered a PS5 expecting my existing games catalogue to suddenly be transformed.
I'm hoping that what Microsoft are doing with BC will put pressure on Sony to do likewise.

Associate
I do like the look of the PS5. A change from all the ubiquitous boxes we seem to adore.
Will fit fine into my AV cabinet. Not as deep as the PS4 Pro so more room all around the unit. Plus the chance to swap out the two white plastic covers will be fun at some point.

Soldato
I don't really get the love for backwards compatibility. This generation has been plagued with remakes and remasters and BC is just continuing that trend in to the next generation. I want new IPs :(

There have been some amazing games this generation, the chance to play some of the stuff I've missed at 4K60 doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

Caporegime
BC makes all the sense in the world when you're already engaged into a particular consoles digital world .I have 300+ games on Xbox digitally across Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I do still play some of those games so I wouldn't want to have to own all 3 consoles. Just the one please.

Soldato
There have been some amazing games this generation, the chance to play some of the stuff I've missed at 4K60 doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.
This for me - I played one game between owning a PS3 and now, and on a standard PS4 - so I'm looking forward to playing God of War, Borderlands 3, No Mans Sky, etc etc as well as Miles Morales, and Sackboy (the 2 games interesting me most for PS5 currently).

Associate
I don't really get the love for backwards compatibility. This generation has been plagued with remakes and remasters and BC is just continuing that trend in to the next generation. I want new IPs :(
With Sony's implementation I agree with you - adds very little other than the ability to still play the game on your new hardware.........whereas, Xbox are really adding to each game. The auto-HDR looks pretty tremendous on some of the older games, and the filtering and increased resolution really bring a new lease of life.

Remakes and remasters would be far more bearable if they were effectively free!

V F

V F

Soldato
With Sony's implementation I agree with you - adds very little other than the ability to still play the game on your new hardware.........whereas, Xbox are really adding to each game. The auto-HDR looks pretty tremendous on some of the older games, and the filtering and increased resolution really bring a new lease of life.

Remakes and remasters would be far more bearable if they were effectively free!

They've got to milk it man.

Soldato
I personally don't have any issue with the design, it should look unique IMO,

But this VVV is the stupidest design I have ever seen, it doesn't sit FLAT when lying down without a little piece of black plastic.
what were they thinking
(skip to 2m37s)

Back
Top Bottom