Logitech G Hub - a piece of crap

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date
Associate
Add me to the list of people having problems with G Hub - I can install it fine, but I can't update the firmware. Every time I do, the update notification at the bottom just freezes and never does anything. It also crashes all the time. I've reinstalled it a few times, got nowt. Going back to LGS I reckon.

Permabanned
Did you plug in it to do Firmware?

My G903 mouse updated twice in the past a using any old USB cable but the latest one I had to use the Logitech cable (used the one connected to the PowerPlay pad,the cable with shaped connector to fit with shape of mouse).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Have you got any USB items plugged into the computer that you can remove ?

Also do you have a PCI-E sound card ? or any other PCI-E card apart from a GPU ?

Disconnected all other USB items (including my Logitech Brio webcam). No internal PCI-E kit, apart from a GPU :(

@EVH You tried running the latest .net runtime? I have had a ton of issues recently with .net updates nuking apps in server environments (Sharepoint I am looking at you) wouldn't be surprised at all if it is .net related. This is of course assuming that the app targets .net using c++/cli.

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48

Gotta be worth a try if you haven't already.

Going to try a fresh install with the updated .net installer. At this point I haven't had any joy and I've tried so many different "solutions" I don't know what I've changed.

:(

Man of Honour
Disconnected all other USB items (including my Logitech Brio webcam). No internal PCI-E kit, apart from a GPU :(

Going to try a fresh install with the updated .net installer. At this point I haven't had any joy and I've tried so many different "solutions" I don't know what I've changed.

Gotta be worth a try. Assume you are monitoring system and application logs during the install to see if anything in there gives a clue?

Soldato
Got my logitech G920 yesterday, it wasn't detecting it properly and only showed up as disconnected in ghub. I did some routing around and found that windows had installed a weird driver before i could install any updated driver. Found this through device manager, i disconnected the device, removed the driver and any trace of it in registry as well. disconnected interwebs, plugged into a different usb port and installed drivers now it detects correctly and works as it should.

Not sure if you've had a dig through device manager but it maybe worth a try as well? But looking through your options you've mentioned you probably already have...

Soldato

I got no idea if this will help

But have you been into the task manager and disabled stuff under the "start up" TAB or end task on stuff under the "Processes" TAB or stop stuff under the "services" TAB to see if that works

This post made me think it could be something running in the background that is stopping it from installing
fixed it! the problem was " RivaTuner Statistic Server " i closed the application and the installer worked fine!

lomo85 ·1 year ago
same here :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/bds8g3/lghub_wont_install_on_windows_10/

Last edited:
Soldato
Installed this on my daughters new build yesterday and all it does is the logo keeps spinning,first time I've used the new software as I still use the old version that works well.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Still not working. I’m going to smash my keyboard and mouse up soon :mad:

Fresh windows 10 install
All current drivers
Windows updated fully
Latest C++ installed
.net 4.8 installed
Latest G Hub installer

...no dice.

The “fix” in that link above did nothing. Firstly my regional settings aren’t wrong, secondly it recommended installing the oldest version of G hub (which worked) but my keyboard didn’t show up because the version of the software is too old AND when I installed the latest update the whole software broke.

I wouldn’t mind but the KB and mouse cost upward of £350 and I can’t bloody configure them!

Soldato
Installed this on my daughters new build yesterday and all it does is the logo keeps spinning,first time I've used the new software as I still use the old version that works well.
I had this issue when it updated to latest version, i waited about 30 mins before i decided to quit the application and start again. It seems it had installed correctly but got stuck on closing, mind blown.

Associate
I installed it a few days ago and it seems to work ok.....had some issues with lighting getting completely mis synched, but managed to sort it out and its been fine since

Soldato
Well, thought I’d update...

Reinstalled windows 10 using a spare generic mouse and different Logitech keyboard.. no dice.

Reinstalled windows 10 using BOTH a spare generic mouse and keyboard... no dice.

Tried unplugging all Logitech devices and receivers and just don’t have any joy. Really don’t understand it! :mad:
wonder if it needs .NET framework but does not include it into the installer?

Permabanned
Just got updated now on restart and also a Firmware Update for the PowerPlay mousepad "to support future devices" < hope they are about to make a decent mouse with decent switches for the 1st time in many years. :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Okay, so I thought I'd update....

I figured out what the "problem" was. When I'd reinstalled Windows I'd been using the latest chipset drivers directly from AMD (CPU), Nvidia (GPU) and Asus (Motherboard). Likewise, I'd grabbed the latest gigabit network drivers from Intel and the 2.5G drivers from (I forget, don't hate me)... anyway, despite these being all the current drivers directly from the respective OEM sites I never got past the spinning logo animation of doom.

At wits end and by sheer chance I had accidentally deleted my drivers folder on my Windows 10 USB drive, so when it came to reformat for the 19120398217th time, I decided to grab all the drivers directly from the Asus website (except for the GPU, I'm not a monster). Boom. Installed no issues :o

It does mean that the first time I ran Windows Update it wanted to update the chipset, network and USB drivers etc but even then all was good. I swear it makes no sense because I had used all the same versions installed manually without success so the fact that Windows installed old drivers by default then updated me to the latest drivers BEFORE I had installed G Hub AND it worked, still baffles me.

Morale of the story? Use outdated drivers kids. Or at least try some.

Back
Top Bottom