Police officer accidentally strangles lover

Soldato
What else do you expect they look after each other. The amount that constantly get away with speeding off duty and all sorts.

Soldato
OP
He admitted killing her, he admitted applying pressure to her neck. It wasn't a chance encounter, he agreed to meet her there. It clearly appears to me he bumped her off.

What does one have to do nowadays to get the cps to go with a murder charge? A handwritten letter of intent, followed up by a confession?

Caporegime
He admitted killing her, he admitted applying pressure to her neck. It wasn't a chance encounter, he agreed to meet her there. It clearly appears to me he bumped her off.

What does one have to do nowadays to get the cps to go with a murder charge? A handwritten letter of intent, followed up by a confession?

They did go with a murder charge. He was found not guilty.

Man of Honour
Haven't read the story but does it not set precedent that you can casually arrange to meet and strangle someone then say "didn't mean them to die". Asking for a friend

If you do, you might get jailed for manslaughter rather than murder. Maybe. If the prosecution can't prove you intended to kill them. Which might result in you spending less time in jail. It won't result in a judge and jury saying "Oh well, that's all right then. Case dismissed, no harm done, fancy a pint?".

Soldato
I think we can all reason that, whatever the law has decreed, a layman would call it murder.

Jury's tend to be pretty forgiving towards policemen on trial. I don't know the ins and outs, but suspect it's pretty helpful to have character witnesses of such authoritatively lawful standing as actual serving police officers and their commanders.

Soldato
How is it “keeping it in the force” when it’s an independent jury that has cleared him?

just meant the husband of the woman he was having an affair with was also a policeman :o

The trial heard mum-of-two Mrs Parry, who was married to another Dorset Police officer, had become angry after discovering Brehmer had had an affair with another woman while she was involved with him.

Back
Top Bottom