The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Man of Honour
I'm finding it less and less amusing.

I've never found Paddy amusing or enjoyable in anything, and it just feels Freddie takes everything too far.

I'm pretty much at the stage of skipping to Chris' dedicated segment then switching off

That's how I feel. Paddy is just not interesting, he's thick, and can't drive and isn't entertaining.
Freddie is that mate that always shoves chips up his nose and tries to set fire to his farts.
Chris is the more straight laced one that just wants to crack on with the plan and gets frustrated with the others for being daft, ends up becoming a psychotic killer.

Soldato
Chris is great...proper journalist, great driver, obvious passion for cars. I find Paddy fairly amusing if only for his banter, and I think he's a natural presenter, so I can see why he's there.

But as above, Freddie just appears to be a boorish and not much else. Doesn't seem to know much about cars, be that interested in them and isn't really great as a presenter. I don't know why he's there, other than to just be the kind of "lad" I'd go out of my way to avoid.

That said, I enjoyed the latest episode. It was a bit more of a return to form...three nice cars, some silly challenges, and a great feature on Stirling Moss.

Caporegime
Hated the last few seasons of the Clarkson era, didnt find it funny, there were too many stupid segments and they relied on Clarkson pushing the boundaries to keep people entertained. Whatever the **** that episode was, it was worse.

Associate
Going to Don my flamesuit here but I thought the episode tonight was brilliant. Maybe it helps I'm a Northern lad and Blackpool is 10 mins down the road. Enjoyed the Alton towers bit too, a place I've been many times as a kid. The paintballing was also entertaining.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think they should have canned this season with covid and carried the budget over to whenever they can film properly again. Think they did ok with the limits that were in place though.

I'll certainly be watching next season

Soldato
They made the best of the current situation.
We need to remember travel was/is severely restricted during the filming of this season.

Back
Top Bottom