LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
We just got a Sonos Arc to go with a CX55. When both sat on the tv unit it does cut off the bottom 2cm of the TV which you wont notice in films when they're in wide screen but you'd notice when watching regular TV/anything full screen. We will be wall mounting the TV soon so it's not a huge issue but it's not something I'd want to keep forever.

:( thanks. The beam is taller than the Arc too but a few cms I believe.

Is the BX stand taller than the CX?

With wall mounting, what mount and fixings am I looking for? Blue grip its have been suggested, as its plasterboard

Soldato
Got the CX48 recently, really improves my film watching experience over my old 40in 1080p VA Sony. I did need to upgrade my AV receiver at the same time (Sony STR-DN1080 which is so much better than the STR-DN1030 it replaced).
I now want one of these wall mounted as a gaming monitor. I figure I'd only need to pull my desk out a few in from the wall to make it work

Permabanned
:( thanks. The beam is taller than the Arc too but a few cms I believe.

Is the BX stand taller than the CX?

With wall mounting, what mount and fixings am I looking for? Blue grip its have been suggested, as its plasterboard

The wall mount you can see in my CX55 pics is the B-Tech BTV520.

Fixed into 2 studs on a typical internal plaster wall.

Soldato
The wall mount you can see in my CX55 pics is the B-Tech BTV520.

Fixed into 2 studs on a typical internal plaster wall.

Thanks! I'll look that up.

On AV Forums, I'm seeing so many complaints about HDR at 4k 120fps not being as it should along with issues of stuttering at those settings.

Anything to worry about? Tbh my PC wont touch 4k 120fps but does it affect lower resolutions too?

Permabanned
Thanks! I'll look that up.

On AV Forums, I'm seeing so many complaints about HDR at 4k 120fps not being as it should along with issues of stuttering at those settings.

Anything to worry about? Tbh my PC wont touch 4k 120fps but does it affect lower resolutions too?

My RTX 3080 arrives tomorrow - I'll test some games and let you know.

Still, there aren't many games that will run 4K@120fps even on a 3080.

Soldato
My RTX 3080 arrives tomorrow - I'll test some games and let you know.

Still, there aren't many games that will run 4K@120fps even on a 3080.

The 3090 isn't there yet either if you must have ray tracing. I'm kinda glad I missed out on buying one and got the OLED TV instead. The next gen of cards will be the true fast 4k gen.

Soldato
Just ordered a 55" CX :) Collection in store today.

But then noticed theres 2? 55CX6LA (the one I just ordered) then a 55CX5LB?

Please saying got the right one?

Soldato
Just ordered a 55" CX :) Collection in store today.

But then noticed theres 2? 55CX6LA (the one I just ordered) then a 55CX5LB?

Please saying got the right one?

In the UK, the 55in CX is listed as either the OLED55CX6LA or OLED55CX5LB. The only difference between the two is the finish: the 6LA is ‘Dark Silver’ and the 5LB is ‘Light Silver’.

Soldato
In the UK, the 55in CX is listed as either the OLED55CX6LA or OLED55CX5LB. The only difference between the two is the finish: the 6LA is ‘Dark Silver’ and the 5LB is ‘Light Silver’.

Phew cool thanks. They display that poorly on the site :)

Dark silver it is then!

Need to move my KS7000 on now but dont really know what is reasonable to ask for it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my 55CX delivered today. Pretty nice ain't it :)

Honestly it's a little larger than I would have liked, the 48 would have been a better fit for this room, but I couldn't bring myself to pay more for less.

Back
Top Bottom