Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Do you think they’re trying to get this next gen patch out before Xmas ?

Nope, that'll be next year when they can release it as a PS5/Xbox Series branded game at the same time. Maybe MS have already clarified it on their side but certainly on the PS5, there's no such thing as a "next gen patch".

Soldato
Game has gone gold as well. They're saying they miscalculated on optimising all the different versions. There are 9 versions of the game. As above I wonder if they're trying to bring the next gen upgrade in earlier than next year.

Caporegime
OP
Oh FFS. Went out and got a message from my mate telling me about the delay.

Booked the week off after release as well to play.

Edit: I seriously think there's gonna be a delay until 2021.

Last edited:
Soldato
Understandable to be fair, the last thing you'd want to do is release a game of this magnitude, that's been in development for so long, with bugs or without being fully tested. Not surprising it's taking longer to test and bug kill the 9 different versions of the game!!

I'll be waiting for the PS5 patch anyway so makes little difference to me.

Soldato
i have 2 weeks off around the new console release and this, mainly cause I have to burn some time and it seemed like as good a time as any.
Guess I will have to clear some back log and do the DIY i had planned instead.

Soldato
As Miyamoto said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"

For the benefit of the staff working 6 days a week and likely long hours I'd rather they had just delayed it to Xmas back in April rather than keep changing it.

If somehow it had been ready early then they could have announced that rather than pushing the date multiple times.

Soldato
Seems strange it went gold on all platforms and is now delayed. Makes you wonder how buggy it was... Tbh I’m doubting we will see it this year but we shall see.

Caporegime
OP
So it's definitely, definitely being released December 10th...

Triple stamped it, no erasies?

I highly doubt it.

I'm going to say we'll get some random anonymous CDPR posts on Reddit over the next week with sordid details about the state of the game. Especially with what I'm reading about devs not even being told about this delay, and finding out the same time we did via a company email.

Caporegime
Shaping up to be an overhyped turd. How many delays is that now, 3? 4?

I did have a preorder in but think i'll be cancelling until nearer the time, possibly until after release so reviews can ease my concern.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh they should make it a next gen only game. Not going to happen but would be nice.

Why? That wouldn't be good for millions of console owners.

They've been working on it for 7 years, basically this entire generation.

Making it exclusive to next gen wouldn't change the engine of the game which was built years ago. Hence why they need time to make significant changes to optimise it for next gen.

Back
Top Bottom