controlling Hive with Amazon Echo

Soldato
there's recently been an update to the Hive skill/commands on Amazon Echo

before the update I used to say 'Echo, heating xx degrees xx minutes' to boost the heating or 'Echo, switch on the xxxxx' to switch on a plug

after the update if you say anything related to Hive it now says 'You have Hive enabled, do you want to open it'...then you need to reply... it opens then starts giving examples of what you can do 'I can boost the heating' etc etc :p

but not every time...seems random whether it just works as it was previously or if it has to go through the 'You have Hive enabled, do you want to open it' stages

any ideas on how to avoid the 'you have hive enabled.....' part? and just use the commands that used to work

cheers!

Associate
"Echo tell hive to" then some commands work like this boost is an example

It's weird though as some commands still work like old

"Echo set upstairs to XX degrees"

Soldato
OP
"Echo tell hive to" then some commands work like this boost is an example

It's weird though as some commands still work like old

"Echo set upstairs to XX degrees"
I've always used "Alexa, ask Hive to ...."

yeah cheers it works if you start with 'ask/tell hive to' I just liked how little you had to say to boost the heating before the update, literally just 'echo, heating 25 degrees 40 minutes'

I'll just have to get used to the new (old) way

Soldato
OP
actually - 'Echo, thermostat 22 degrees one hour' works :D, so need to say thermostat instead of heating...so have changed the thermostat name to heating and all back to normal now!

Last edited:
Soldato
You've figured it out now but Alexa seems to want the device name for some commands so referring to "heating" won't work

I have to refer to it as "Home" because for some reason that's the thermostat name, got used to it now and CBA to change it but "Alexa set home to schedule" works and then "Alexa turn the heating off works too" but "Alexa set the heating to schedule" doesn't, weird

Back
Top Bottom