• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
well 2 weeks to go, I'm looking forward to a new console, while im expecting a incremental upgrade over my current one X I have just finished moving all my games to External drives and Im picking which ones will have the privilege of going on that super fast SSD.

Many games like Modern warfare, while i would love to have it on there I just dont see the point, im going to be limited by everyone else loading in, so apart from enhanced games i cant see me moving most MP games to that drive.

Games with killer load times however, Forza 7, Witcher 3 will probably get some time on that drive until space becomes a premium.

Destiny 2, getting its expansion will probably get some time on there, though i usually fall out with destiny pretty quickly, does anyone know how Destiny 2 is enhanced for series X and is it from the launch of beyond light? I hadn't touched it in years till the expansions came to gamepass and I powered through them to play the new stuff on release.

Check out the digital foundry video on the load times. Xbox One games are best placed on an external ssd.

Associate
What that picture doesn't show is that the PS5 is also twice as deep as the XsX......it reminds me of a teenagers tricked out 1st car (you know the sort, a mk3 Corsa with fins stuck on all over the place, speed stripes painted up the sides, a coldcathode light underneatha, and a catering size baked bean tin on the exhaust).

Soldato
Check out the digital foundry video on the load times. Xbox One games are best placed on an external ssd.
Yeah i've seen it, better no, best for practical space usage, most likely.

Until I have games that use Velocity architecture (that is a stupid name BTW) then I'm going to use the internal space for games I play the most, excluding games where I'm going to be just stuck in a lobby waiting for everyone else.

Till then I have a 7200rpm 2tb SSHD drive i currently use for my One X, and a 2tb 5400rpm portable that i use to keep games im not playing.

I'm not going to drop £220 on 1 TB of extra drive space just yet, so my plan is to shuffle what I'm playing till a 2tb expansion is available at a not too shocking price,

If it becomes too much of an issue then maybe my work 2TB Samsung T5 drive may get switched in.

While going though my 2 tb of games installed on my one X right now I realised that barring 5-6 of them most hadn't been played in months, sometimes years, so spending even 30mins to copy one of those onto the console isnt really much of a deal compared to waiting for a download.

Soldato
What that picture doesn't show is that the PS5 is also twice as deep as the XsX......it reminds me of a teenagers tricked out 1st car (you know the sort, a mk3 Corsa with fins stuck on all over the place, speed stripes painted up the sides, a coldcathode light underneatha, and a catering size baked bean tin on the exhaust).

I agree its not a looker, and its has that Nova crashed into Halfords look.
I will probably pick one up at some point but I'm in no rush, how I hide it is another matter.

Soldato
Just about to ditch the PS4 Pro at CEX and now ready for the XSX. Games I think I'll be playing are:

Battlefield 5 as I never played it.
Destiny 2 for 60fps goodness.
Gears 5 as my PC ran it pretty badly due to low spec.
Lots of indie games like Dead Cells etc.

I quite fancy an Action RPG like Torchlight but there don't seem to be too many decent offerings.

Soldato
Just about to ditch the PS4 Pro at CEX and now ready for the XSX. Games I think I'll be playing are:

Battlefield 5 as I never played it.
Destiny 2 for 60fps goodness.
Gears 5 as my PC ran it pretty badly due to low spec.
Lots of indie games like Dead Cells etc.

I quite fancy an Action RPG like Torchlight but there don't seem to be too many decent offerings.

BF5 isnt half as bad as i gets painted, I actually enjoyed it a lot more then BF1 and as its will be on gamepass on the 10th hopefully there will be a good uptick in players.

Void ********, the gem of gamepass that I would never have played and i really enjoyed.

As for action RPGs, Path of exile I guess but if you have a PC and play that sort of game then i guess you've already played it, same goes for Diablo 3. I like Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor and would recommend it if its on sale, it was a games with gold game a while back.

Associate
That's one thing I hadn't considered about GamePass - a lot of good multiplayer games that struggled to find other players (either because they're older or less popular) will all of a sudden have a deluge of fresh blood.

I'd love to play some Team Fortress on the sofa with packed servers!

Soldato
Its true every game that hits gamepass gets a jump in players, for the good and the bad, Forza 7 is a nightmare in online races right now for getting launched by some low level noob, and the Destiny expansions coming to GamePass got me playing again for a month or so.

Soldato
I am very much looking forward to Series X and going back through some of back catalogue

Haven't seen so much about S interested in digital foundry results

Hope the Series X as quiet as my One X not sure I've heard the fan on it yet - been playing Minecraft dungeons last few days with my daughter surprised how fun it is (used to play loads of Diablo 3 a few years back)

Soldato
I am very much looking forward to Series X and going back through some of back catalogue

Hope the Series X as quiet as my One X not sure I've heard the fan on it yet - been playing Minecraft dungeons last few days with my daughter surprised how fun it is (used to play loads of Diablo 3 a few years back)

Yeah its a bit disappointing how little attention the S has received so far, hopefully we will get some decent hands on reviews before launch. I know MS has to keep the hype up and the Series X is the way to do that but you can still find stock of the Series S so a bit of information would surely help sell more units.

Soldato
I'm intrigued about how the memory bandwidth will affect it - dunno - considering its price you'd think MS would be shouting from the rooftops a out it especially since difficult to preorder a Series X now anyway

Soldato

DF have said from their last Series X video they'd be covering the Series S more for the next two weeks.

Quite a poor showing, all we've seen is a bit of footage of Gears5 120Hz mode. Although I can see Microsoft expecting the laymen buying more S units in high street shops as they see 'next gen' and '£250' and will buy it for their children for Christmas etc. People searching for juicy specs on YouTube and tech sites are naturally going to sway towards the X.

Soldato
I just wonder if it's power will be difficult to draw out due to a number of limitations like the memory bandwidth, overall memory etc - if that were to be the case how much effort will developers put in just for the Series S - especially on back compatible games ?

Vs Series X and PS5 which will just brute force their way through

Time will tell - I'm intrigued. Just read DMC5 Twitter post stating no RT on Series S version ?

Back
Top Bottom