Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Why? That wouldn't be good for millions of console owners.

They've been working on it for 7 years, basically this entire generation.

Making it exclusive to next gen wouldn't change the engine of the game which was built years ago. Hence why they need time to make significant changes to optimise it for next gen.

Hence why I said “Not going to happen”......

Soldato
It’s impossible to say right now.

Gaming journos had hands on with it a few months back and were largely very positive about it, certainly nothing game-breaking or worrying seemed to come out of those previews although I'm equally aware that they'll only be getting shown what's ready to be shown. I suspect hype may have gotten the better of it to some degree as with any massive game like this, but it also seems like people are channelling their disappointment/anger with the delay towards the game itself.

I'm not sure why a three week delay suddenly means the game is crap, but there we go.

Soldato
I don’t know of any other game that has been delayed after going gold. I doubt it’s crap just after the promises of no more delays by the devs as it’s Gold it’s a bit odd.

Soldato
Hmmm, interesting move.

Can't say it makes much difference to me personally but I can see why people who are dying to play this will be disappointed, particularly if they have booked time off work.

Really unusual to delay a title thats gone gold. Maybe they are looking to surprise us with a next gen patch for day 1.

My optimism is legendary! :p

Soldato
Honestly this is ****, delaying a game with 2-3 weeks before release, what a joke.

Had the week booked off, like many others, didn't they even tweet a week ago that there would be no more delays, laughable!

Associate
Honestly this is ****, delaying a game with 2-3 weeks before release, what a joke.

Had the week booked off, like many others, didn't they even tweet a week ago that there would be no more delays, laughable!

They apologised for an oversight and released a press announcement immediately clarifying the position to end speculation.

At the end of the day yes they are human beings, they do make mistakes but more importantly they at least own up to it. Other companies/devs now a days couldn't care less about the consumer and will just release any old crap (aka Fifa/Cod/BF etc).

I get you booked time off and its annoying but if you can't change the date then that is your issue, not theirs.

CDPR clearly want to release a product that is a true representation of their efforts and if it isn't up to their extremely high standard then they are totally within their rights to push it back a few weeks. This is despite previously saying they had no more delays - the old cliche of never say never again comes to mind however, if they have found something extremely game breaking then I'd sure as hell rather they take the time to fix that and or fully test the game on the 9 platforms it is releasing on than tarnish what is shaping up to be game of the century.

Caporegime
OP
Back
Top Bottom