Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd-26th Oct 2020]

Don
Oliver really has left his cards at home today. That Lamela challenge was another that could have easily been a red another day.

Associate
Oliver really has left his cards at home today. That Lamela challenge was a nother that could have easily been a red another day.

Yep. Really odd decisions. It was a definite yellow and possible red. I can see why VAR didn’t give it as a clear straight red, but to give no card at all? Similar to the elbow in the first half, just really don’t understand the decision making.

Associate
All the Spurs fans departed the forums a few years ago!

I still lurk! but I've never been one for posting much anyway.

That was a very frustrating match to watch, which made it all the more satisfying when Son scored.

I think Kane could be on for a 20 goal and assists season, with Son scoring 30+ if he keeps this form up.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not sure why more top teams aren't after Son. He has been immense for a long time now and he is one of those players (like De Bruyne) who you just feel always makes the right decision. He very rarely loses his head or feels the pressure.

Caporegime
Not sure why more top teams aren't after Son. He has been immense for a long time now and he is one of those players (like De Bruyne) who you just feel always makes the right decision. He very rarely loses his head or feels the pressure.
Been saying that for a long time. Rapid, two footed, great dribbler, works hard and scores around 20 a season as a winger. I wouldn't play him ahead of Salah or Mane but as a replacement for either, the drop in quality would be minimal at worst.

Soldato
Burnley could learn from Brighton , how to evolve from a long ball team to actual build up play .

Tactics is one thing obviously but you just need a playmaker and a couple of quick strikers/wingers and you can start implementing a new playing style.

Who are we anyway armchair managers :p

Don
Since when have you been able to argue the length of a suspension over here? I know with UEFA you could but they don't have set 1 & 3 match bans - they instead have a 1 match ban and then add extra games if they see fit and you could argue over these.

edit: It seems as if Everton didn't appeal the red card and just appealed the length of the suspension. I guess this must have come in this summer(?) because that's the first time I can recall this happening before.

Caporegime
Players always do that when someone runs infront or across their path because they know there's likely to be contact. Still don't think he meant to do it even after kicking at him a few seconds earlier.

Caporegime
I’m still in two minds about Digne, on one hand he’s running and doesn’t seem to break stride and on the other he’s just tried to hack him down which I think is why the ref takes the stance he’s meant it. Only he knows if he meant it or not.

Looks really bad in stills/slow mo as these things tend to do. I’m edging more towards it being a red the more I see it, first reaction was it looked harsh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom