The Last of US II Spoiler and story discussion thread.

Associate
Just finished this today, and I absolutely loved it.

When I started playing as Abby I was a bit annoyed, I had no interest in her. But I ended up really liking her and also really liking that I played the same three days from both her and and Ellie's perspective.

So much so that I ended up preffering her to Ellie, ultimately Abby let Ellie go twice. Joel killed Abby's father who was only trying to save humanity, I actually think Abby was right to go after Joel. And in the end I was annoyed that Ellie went after Abby all over again. I was gutted when it looked like Ellie was going to drown Abby, and relieved when she let her go.

A solid 9.5/10 for me. Only dropping points because halfeay through it felt a bit of a slog, but then massively picked up again towards the end. Amazing visuals, amazing combat, stunning game.

totally agree with this! The only difference is that on a 2nd play through on survivor+ (1st was on hard) it’s now a 10. Wonderful game and the slightly boring bits on some of the flashbacks can be forgiven.

Soldato
I think the game is fantastic the amount of detail is unlike anything else tbh. The story is a bit iffy though Druckman/Naughtydog should have kept the original writers. There is so much more to the game than story though I spent hours wandering and exploring. The bit in the music shop with A-Ha was superb.

Man of Honour
I’ve got some way to go, but wow, what a game so far. I’m in the museum thinking to myself, they’ve made all this just for a short segment? Incredible. Actually surprised by the visuals too, it’s stunning. They really nail the tension, the heartfelt moments. The game environment is incredible. I’m sure I’ve got lots of great moments coming up. I sometimes forget I’m playing a game. At this point if I knew last September what I know now, I’d have pounced on a PS5 before the XSX and if I couldn’t have both would have to go for a PS. The exclusives are just impressive.

V F

V F

Soldato
I’ve got some way to go, but wow, what a game so far. I’m in the museum thinking to myself, they’ve made all this just for a short segment? Incredible. Actually surprised by the visuals too, it’s stunning. They really nail the tension, the heartfelt moments. The game environment is incredible. I’m sure I’ve got lots of great moments coming up. I sometimes forget I’m playing a game. At this point if I knew last September what I know now, I’d have pounced on a PS5 before the XSX and if I couldn’t have both would have to go for a PS. The exclusives are just impressive.

Museum? Was that the birthday segment with the dinosaur/space pod part?

The people talking about abby being a muscle beast, I assume you've seen the girl who plays her?

check out her instagram, thats how she looks.

She's actually pretty nice. She got a lot of hate after it released sadly even though she's a very nice person.

Strangely, I really enjoyed the game more when I got into Abby's part. I didn't know what to make of her at first when it started until I think it was the petrol station fight or train yard. That was when I really enjoyed her part onwards.

Man of Honour
Museum? Was that the birthday segment with the dinosaur/space pod part

Correct!

I’m playing as Abby now and have just killed some giant monster in the hospital. It’s been one hell of a ride. I can see why some wouldn’t like this part of the story, but it’s interesting to see the other side.

V F

V F

Soldato
The Rat King. With its disgusting detachment. That was so disgustingly creepy how the little thing moved about like a real human.

The descent was intense didn't you think? and going across the scaffolding bridge part. With stalkers in every wall waiting to grab you.

V F

V F

Soldato
The thing I loved about the Abby part was seeing the entire area where Ellie snuck about getting into the hospital. It was so nice seeing all the areas you originally had to sneak about.

Man of Honour
The Rat King. With its disgusting detachment. That was so disgustingly creepy how the little thing moved about like a real human.

The descent was intense didn't you think? and going across the scaffolding bridge part. With stalkers in every wall waiting to grab you.

Ah, that’s what it was called. Horrific thing.

The decent through the hotel was incredibly tense. The whole game is one hell of an undertaking, there’s so much content.

V F

V F

Soldato
Especially the last room area going down the skyscraper when you see the elevator door to the exit as the Shambler came running for you. :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Did you get the workbench “jump scare” while playing as Ellie @CaptainRAVE ? :D

That was horrid because getting out of the workbench is so slow then to turn around. :cry:

That area you climb up from the truck. I think there were 5 of them that came out once the bench was triggered.

Yes :( :cry:

I’ve just finished the game. I’m exhausted! What a rollercoaster.

I think my favourite part was once you got to California. I loved the refreshing change from darkness to sunlight and palm trees.

Back
Top Bottom