• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Theres already an A100 54 biliion transistors 300W TBP @ $10k...
works out to 20 years of my graphics card budget
So, i would be only checking that out in LTT videos

That one has an extra premium for being a gpu you can chuck in a server, a desktop product would not be as expensive.

But I'm not even referring to those specs, I'm referring to the fully unlocked GA100 with 128SM units (16400 cuda cores, 60% more cores than the RTX3090). To my knowledge, Nvidia has never released a full GA100 GPU in any segment, even the $10k card you are referencing has 20SM units disabled.

Last edited:
Associate
The rumor mill suggest the top card is the 6800 that competes with the 3080, I hold put hope AMD know the Ti's are coming and have a secret 6900 or something to launch tomorrow as well, as it has been hinted they have an AMD exclusive top card. We shall know in a few hours time.

Doesnt matter what it's named, if a card is 10% faster than a 3080, that's huge and will go toe to toe with the $1400 3090. So they can and will price it between $700 and $1400.

Permabanned
Considering that consoles are moving to 4k (even if it is 30fps on some titles) PC gaming should be matching it at the low to mid end or face being left behind.

Imo the move to 4k is long overdue.
Pc gamers want high fps not resolution if ya not noticed and cant have both even if ya buy 2x3090 ya cant get enough power for 144fps 4k in all titles

Soldato
No one cares about RT, so that doesn't matter, and they are supposed to be coming with their own version of DLSS, according to LLLLLLLLLLLadies and gentlemen, it'll be faster than Nvidias, as looks worse than it, and it should be coming, in a future driver update.

You shouldn't talk about yourself in the third person. :p:p:p

Soldato
Look at this clown, payed off or what?

5 Reasons You Won't Buy Big Navi
Why is he talking about the drivers of a yet unreleased card. We have no idea what the drivers are like for it.
And how does he know there's not going to be some kind of dlss competitor.
"All the performance figures have been synthetic". Last I checked there were some actual numbers albeit from AMD themselves.
Talking about the availability on launch is purely spectacularly at this point.
And... OK enough.

Soldato
Pc gamers want high fps not resolution if ya not noticed and cant have both even if ya buy 2x3090 ya cant get enough power for 144fps 4k in all titles
PC gamer here

And I am fine with 60fps......,.

No one cares about RT, so that doesn't matter, .

And i DEFINITELY care about RT. If I can't game at at least QHD/60 but preferably 4k/60 with RT on (happy to use DLSS or AMD equivalent) then I see no reason to replace my 1080ti

Soldato
The Moores law is dead Image that shows AMD and Nvidia fighting as Godzilla and King kong(?) comes to mind. I hope we see a good fight between the two of them tomorrow. Shame I can't watch the event.

@CAT-THE-FIFTH (I think I got the right person) will you be creating a reveal thread tomorrow?

I will! Is it 2pm tommorrow too??

so AMD event tomorrow at 4pm uk time

It's 4PM??

Associate
Doesnt matter what it's named, if a card is 10% faster than a 3080, that's huge and will go toe to toe with the $1400 3090. So they can and will price it between $700 and $1400.

Think you miss read bud, I said the 6800 is the the card to be around or faster than the 3080 (And the 3090 if rumors are true) and the 6900 while only a dream atm I hope it's real, to stick it too the 3080Ti when ever that drops (So it keeps prices and competition back to acceptable levels not Nvidia's dictatorship).

In my head its the 2nd card the unnamed poss 6900 I think that has Nvidia spy's worried not the 6800 cause we all know Daddy Jensen like's to flop his shlong across the internet with a large pack of spatulas for scale, and I'm tired of daddy's lies and beating my wallet till it bleeds just cause he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom