Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
Anyone have any idea on alonsos pace?

Concerned Renault are going to be firmly behind mclaren and ferrari next year.

Mclaren have 2 great drivers, Mercedes powered
Ferrari have 2 gear drivers and took big step this weekend (maybe)

Renault have.. The Renault engine, not dire, but not the best
An average ocon and an unknown Alonso.

Could be worse, could be racing point Ditching a cash bringing good driver, also your best driver, for a cash taking bad driver.
Looking forward to seeing RP fail next year

Soldato
Looking at the way Renault have come on this year, there is nothing to say they will be behind a cash strapped McLaren next year overall. The Racing Point is likely to be worse next year, plus they have Vettel who Hulkenberg has scored more points than this season ;)

My only concern at Renault is that if Ocon doesn't raise his game, then Alonso could effectively end his career. Would much rather see Gasly in the seat.

Caporegime
Anyone have any idea on alonsos pace?

I think he'll suck. But I have no objective evidence of his current pace. Just the general pattern of older drivers in F1. Alonso will turn 40 next year, an age by which most drivers have lost their edge even if they're still racing regularly in F1, and Alonso hasn't been neither in F1 nor in something that got him regular top level racing. I suspect he'll be more Schumacher than Prost on his return.

Time will tell.

Concerned Renault are going to be firmly behind mclaren and ferrari next year.

I'm not so sure McLaren will shine next year, I expect teething problems with the new engine, but I'm pretty sure Renault will be behind Ferrari. Whilst I don't think they'll be at the front next year, their mammoth budget and superlative driver line-up should ensure best of the rest running.

Caporegime
I think he'll suck. But I have no objective evidence of his current pace. Just the general pattern of older drivers in F1. Alonso will turn 40 next year, an age by which most drivers have lost their edge even if they're still racing regularly in F1, and Alonso hasn't been neither in F1 nor in something that got him regular top level racing. I suspect he'll be more Schumacher than Prost on his return.

Time will tell.

I'm not so sure McLaren will shine next year, I expect teething problems with the new engine, but I'm pretty sure Renault will be behind Ferrari. Whilst I don't think they'll be at the front next year, their mammoth budget and superlative driver line-up should ensure best of the rest running.

I kind of agree on both.

I don't think Alonso is going to shine. I think if DR was in the car he'd have he better of Alonso.

Think it could be ferrari too next year best of the rest. With mclaren next then Renault.
Well. I expect Renault to be behind them both. And I think it will be because of the drivers mainly.

I hope I'm wrong on Alonso. I just remember him saying the car is out performing him

Soldato
I kind of agree on both.

I don't think Alonso is going to shine. I think if DR was in the car he'd have he better of Alonso.

Think it could be ferrari too next year best of the rest. With mclaren next then Renault.
Well. I expect Renault to be behind them both. And I think it will be because of the drivers mainly.

I hope I'm wrong on Alonso. I just remember him saying the car is out performing him

You have forgot that RP will get loads of free updates next year.

Soldato
BBC article on Lando - some comments on Stroll and Hamilton.

Disappointed to read this as I would have thought Lando recognise Lewis and his achievements, given a fellow British driver. But, oh no, simply too much to ask. :rolleyes:

To be fair, since Rosberg left F1 Hamilton has has very much been in a league of his own. Best driver by a decent margin in by far the best car with a team mate who is only really good enough to keep Hamilton honest on an off day.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Disappointed to read this as I would have thought Lando recognise Lewis and his achievements, given a fellow British driver. But, oh no, simply too much to ask. :rolleyes:

Oh, gigantic "who ******* cares?"...:p

'Oh noes, some other driver has not recognised the greatness of the Messiah, quick, to the internets!!!!'.

I'm sure Hamilton is big enough, secure enough and certainly talented enough to file very firmly in the bin anything vaguely derogatory that anyone has to say :)

Soldato
Lando's comments seem fair enough in my opinion. I think it says more about the media, and society at large that there some pressure on him to apologies for what is effectively nothing. Images of snow-flakes (it's getting close to winter) and buttercups spring to mind.

Man of Honour
Lando's comments seem fair enough in my opinion. I think it says more about the media, and society at large that there some pressure on him to apologies for what is effectively nothing. Images of snow-flakes (it's getting close to winter) and buttercups spring to mind.

It’s all about keeping the sponsors happy these days.

Man of Honour

I probably warm to him more that he is willing to speak his mind; far too many dull drivers in F1 now although its a lot more corporate than its ever been

Back
Top Bottom