2020 Firework Display at home

Soldato
DSC-5425.jpg

Well I for one will be commemorating guy fawkes failed attempt by setting off the above. The best places to get fireworks are those seasonal pop up places, because provided they can store them, they sell more powerful fireworks than the supermarkets are permitted to.

They did have a single bigger rocket which launches to 200m with a blast radius of 10m, but for the same price I got a 5 pack which launch to 150m with a blast radius of 7m, according to the guy the effect is identical from the ground.

Also bought 2 massive roman candles, a few big fountains, a large orange Pumpkin thing and sparklers for the Mrs and my sister.

PS there's a coffee cup in the pic for scale, but it's one of those tiny cups :)

Associate
I'm also enjoying my popcorn.

Some right comedy in this thread.

My neighbor was equally annoyed the other night. Same can be said my end, when kids tread or ride through dog turd.

Boom...bark...boom. rooffffrooff...booooom

Associate
DSC-5425.jpg

Well I for one will be commemorating guy fawkes failed attempt by setting off the above. The best places to get fireworks are those seasonal pop up places, because provided they can store them, they sell more powerful fireworks than the supermarkets are permitted to.

They did have a single bigger rocket which launches to 200m with a blast radius of 10m, but for the same price I got a 5 pack which launch to 150m with a blast radius of 7m, according to the guy the effect is identical from the ground.

Also bought 2 massive roman candles, a few big fountains, a large orange Pumpkin thing and sparklers for the Mrs and my sister.

PS there's a coffee cup in the pic for scale, but it's one of those tiny cups :)
But did to buy the local dogs some ear muffs?

Associate
Expecting anyone to be considerate of anyone else anymore is unfortunately rather misguided. People only think about themselves and their own fun. Sure, there have always been people like that but it's certainly so common now I feel it is the norm.

Best bit is, if you comment on said lack of consideration and even dream of calling someone selfish, you're the one in the wrong. World is full of tools.

Soldato
To be fair, dog owners can be as annoying as parents where they feel everything should revolve around them. My mother is one example, "fireworks should be banned because they scare my dogs" :rolleyes:

It is a bit ridiculous when it's every night constantly for a month and letting massive bangers off in a built up residential area is fairly inconsiderate.

Last year alone, a friends mum had a very near miss when a stray firework hit her face while out walking and we had a window smashed on a car when the remains of a large plastic rocket came screaming down on it. Thanks to someones "fun", we were down £80 through no fault of our own and had several weeks of ball ache with a car out of action as it had no sunroof as Autoglass couldn't get the part in. On top of that, we have the dog cowering and shaking in a corner and the cats hiding away every night they are going off.

I've got no problem with proper displays as they are generally done well and they aren't in residential areas where they can cause damage. Setting a few cheap fireworks off in your garden is just a bit crappy in comparison anyway and causes more issues than it's worth.

Man of Honour
It is a bit ridiculous when it's every night constantly for a month and letting massive bangers off in a built up residential area is fairly inconsiderate.

Never been that bad anywhere I've lived - usually 1-2 nights before then ~2 nights over the nearest and next nearest weekend and then that is it other than very occasional stray fireworks.

Soldato
Never been that bad anywhere I've lived - usually 1-2 nights before then ~2 nights over the nearest and next nearest weekend and then that is it other than very occasional stray fireworks.

Unfortunately where I am, it's most nights at the moment. It started a week or so ago and it gradually builds up until the 5th November then starts to tail off again. Then you get a load more around the Christmas week. :(

Soldato
I concur with @Street being in the Liverpool area myself, in fact ones just gone off whilst I type this. It goes on for ages and most are let off by local youths. Organised displays can be awesome, last year I went to Leyland for bonfire night and their organised display was brilliant. Even some garden displays are fun but its the single or couple at once that are annoying, pretty much from 6pm to midnight around here for weeks. You get used to them but some are pretty close and loud. There's also a chavvy family close by who have industrial ones (or so it seems) for every occasion. And whilst typing the rest of this at least 10 more have gone off.

Soldato
Yes - don't think people appreciate how far they travel either - adjacent street 2/300 yds away set one off during lockin period, which perforated adjoining neighbours gazeebo;
we would have called police if we knew idiots exact address; just irresponsible like the chinese lantern pyromaniacs.

Back
Top Bottom