Walkabout Mini Golf - Quest / Rift

Associate
Anyone tried this - bought it the other day due to having £8 credit that Oculus gifted me, the game is £10.99 so worked out practically free.

It's great fun if you have even a slither of interest in mini golf.

Need to convince my brother and step brother to buy this so we can start some tournaments up, could see it getting pretty competitive lol.

Associate
OP
I am awful too!!

Best advice I could give is don't stab at the ball - try to swing as you would with a real putter from the shoulders in a nice smooth action (i.e. don't pivot your wrists), and make sure you're fully over the ball for each stroke. For alignment imagine a line from your target to the putter face, and try to keep the putter face perpendicular to this imaginary line through impact.

For more distance, rather than trying to hit the ball harder, just take a longer stroke but using the technique above.

Soldato
Best advice I could give is don't stab at the ball - try to swing as you would with a real putter from the shoulders in a nice smooth action (i.e. don't pivot your wrists), and make sure you're fully over the ball for each stroke. For alignment imagine a line from your target to the putter face, and try to keep the putter face perpendicular to this imaginary line through impact.

For more distance, rather than trying to hit the ball harder, just take a longer stroke but using the technique above.

Thanks!! will give these tips a go.

Associate
OP
Just out of interest what kind of scores are people getting on this - best I've done up to now is -15 on the easiest one (Tourist Trap) but reckon with more playing can probably lower this further.

Associate
Thanks to all that recommended this.

It's a great game and perfect for the wireless quest. The graphics of the background etc are pretty poor, but the courses themselves and the physics of the ball are very interesting, and of course VR lets you have courses that wouldnt be practical in real life, such as a hole that plays over 4 storeys. I think there is lots of potential for the developers to expand or beautify this, and I hope they do so.

For someone like me thats likes things like Alyx and campaign shooters, didn't think I'd like it, but its a totally different genre that I'm really get hrs out of.

Back
Top Bottom