• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 c9 woes

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Okay so I had a 2080ti under water and and could use the following settings on my c9 with no issue...

G sync
Hdr
4k 60hz
1440p 120hz

Now I've moved to a new system x570 with a 2600x vs my old z390 and 8700k but I can not for the love of me get it to display a picture with out it flickering on and off....

It was originally using a so called hdmi 2.1 5m cable but I couldn't get it to display anything higher than 1080p at 120hz, so I've swapped the cable to a hdmi 2.0 amazon job thats 10m (as it was layed about) I've managed to get 4k 60hz but no gync turn it on out put goes completely and in games its keeps going on and off, I've ordered another hdmi 2.1 cable to try, but my 2080ti was fine so why am I having so many issues with the 2.1 stuff as none of it seems ready my denon x-4700h won't even see a option for 4k 120hz :( let alone apply and crash

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Also if I put it down to 4k 30hz gsync works is there some for of bandwidth bottle neck on these new cards via a setting or something

Soldato
At 10m it may just be the cable. Even at 4k 60hz I’ve had many cable troubles before.

Get a 10m fibre optic hdmi 2.1 cable. Will do 4k 120hz no problems. Expensive but well worth it.

mof

mof

Associate
If you can find a premium certified 2.1 cable that should work but they’re also more expensive. I assume that display port is not an option?

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
At 10m it may just be the cable. Even at 4k 60hz I’ve had many cable troubles before.

Get a 10m fibre optic hdmi 2.1 cable. Will do 4k 120hz no problems. Expensive but well worth it.

I've been looking at them but gonna try a 3m cabel move, my pc near the tv see if its at all possible 1st.

Have you used the fiber optic cables ?

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
If you can find a premium certified 2.1 cable that should work but they’re also more expensive. I assume that display port is not an option?

I do have a clue 3d DSC display port to 2.1 adapter but that never could do 4k 120hz on my 2080ti as I've heard they can be hit and miss with people.

Can you tell I've been chasing the 4k 120hz dream for a while now :(

Associate
I bought a 15 metre fibre DP 1.4 cable a while back which I've yet to use because I've had to delay renovating my room. My 43" display is going around the corner from my PC and I swear, after dumping a solid £400 into this cable between not realising the listed price was ex-VAT, shipping from america and import taxes it had better be well worth it in the end or I'm gonna cry

Associate
Okay so I had a 2080ti under water and and could use the following settings on my c9 with no issue...

G sync
Hdr
4k 60hz
1440p 120hz

Now I've moved to a new system x570 with a 2600x vs my old z390 and 8700k but I can not for the love of me get it to display a picture with out it flickering on and off....

It was originally using a so called hdmi 2.1 5m cable but I couldn't get it to display anything higher than 1080p at 120hz, so I've swapped the cable to a hdmi 2.0 amazon job thats 10m (as it was layed about) I've managed to get 4k 60hz but no gync turn it on out put goes completely and in games its keeps going on and off, I've ordered another hdmi 2.1 cable to try, but my 2080ti was fine so why am I having so many issues with the 2.1 stuff as none of it seems ready my denon x-4700h won't even see a option for 4k 120hz :( let alone apply and crash
There is a known problem on the c9 and cx. Gsync flickers, black screen etc on rtx 3xxx hdmi 2.1

There is a firmware floating around that fixes the issue. I think it is either an engineering or a Korean one that works on usa tvs but not UK.

I know you could call lg and ask for the firmware to be pushed to your TV if you own a cx, not sure if they are offering it for the c9.

The official release of the firmware is early Novembet

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
I bought a 15 metre fibre DP 1.4 cable a while back which I've yet to use because I've had to delay renovating my room. My 43" display is going around the corner from my PC and I swear, after dumping a solid £400 into this cable between not realising the listed price was ex-VAT, shipping from america and import taxes it had better be well worth it in the end or I'm gonna cry

Ouch thats a hard sell, fingers crossed for you

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
There is a known problem on the c9 and cx. Gsync flickers, black screen etc on rtx 3xxx hdmi 2.1

There is a firmware floating around that fixes the issue. I think it is either an engineering or a Korean one that works on usa tvs but not UK.

I know you could call lg and ask for the firmware to be pushed to your TV if you own a cx, not sure if they are offering it for the c9.

The official release of the firmware is early Novembet

I've seen this and tried hard to get into the engineering mode, but end of November I heard which is awful when there are some many videos of it working.

Associate
I've seen this and tried hard to get into the engineering mode, but end of November I heard which is awful when there are some many videos of it working.

I managed to get it working by updating the T.V firmware in engineering mode by following this guide to 05.10.02 , https://www.avsforum.com/threads/20...onsoles-and-pc.3123168/page-114#post-60140361

1. download the anymote app on a phone with IR (or any app that lets you add commands)
2, manually add the in start command (e.g. to double tap) in the top right corner
3. activate the in start command on the IR phone
4. now you need to input a code on your tv. input 0413 with the LG remote
5. go to system 2 and change from user to engineer in NSU (dont touch anything else!)
6. exit the service menu with the in start button again
7. update normally when in engineer mode, eventually it will come up
8. turn the TV back to user after updating.
9. you might need to turn the tv and the pc completely off several times before g-sync works correctly.Took a while for me.

I also bought an expensive Sandstorm 48Gbps cable (£50) from a high street chain which still gave drop outs so i ended up buying a club 3d cable that was suggested by a few people on that website as working fine for £20 + delivery which i can confirm works perfectly at 4k 120Hz HDR and G-Sync.

If you change any setting in engineering mode other than whats it the guide it could potentially brick the T.V so do at your own risk :)

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
I managed to get it working by updating the T.V firmware in engineering mode by following this guide to 05.10.02 , https://www.avsforum.com/threads/20...onsoles-and-pc.3123168/page-114#post-60140361

1. download the anymote app on a phone with IR (or any app that lets you add commands)
2, manually add the in start command (e.g. to double tap) in the top right corner
3. activate the in start command on the IR phone
4. now you need to input a code on your tv. input 0413 with the LG remote
5. go to system 2 and change from user to engineer in NSU (dont touch anything else!)
6. exit the service menu with the in start button again
7. update normally when in engineer mode, eventually it will come up
8. turn the TV back to user after updating.
9. you might need to turn the tv and the pc completely off several times before g-sync works correctly.Took a while for me.

I also bought an expensive Sandstorm 48Gbps cable (£50) from a high street chain which still gave drop outs so i ended up buying a club 3d cable that was suggested by a few people on that website as working fine for £20 + delivery which i can confirm works perfectly at 4k 120Hz HDR and G-Sync.

If you change any setting in engineering mode other than whats it the guide it could potentially brick the T.V so do at your own risk :)

I tried this and got as far as step 2, I'm sorry if imbeing really thick but on my s10 I saw no start coommandsjust the normal remote stuff to mal the the double tap gesture ?

Also I'm quite use to flashing a bios qnd possibly bricking q card but this scares me lol

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom