• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 c9 woes

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
I don't know about this issue specifically, but there's a host of problems that only effect Ampere GPUs and require a firmware update.

Seems it with most hfmi 2.1 stuff like my denon aint even tried it and already problems reported online

Soldato
Seems it with most hfmi 2.1 stuff like my denon aint even tried it and already problems reported online

Yeah, that's the problem with newer tech. My C7 or Denon AVR doesn't support HDMI 2.1, hopefully when I upgrade it'll be more stable!

Did you find any new firmware? Even if it's in beta and you need to install it off USB, might still be worth trying.

Soldato
I bought a 15 metre fibre DP 1.4 cable a while back which I've yet to use because I've had to delay renovating my room. My 43" display is going around the corner from my PC and I swear, after dumping a solid £400 into this cable between not realising the listed price was ex-VAT, shipping from america and import taxes it had better be well worth it in the end or I'm gonna cry
£400 for a.cable :o:eek::confused::eek::o

Soldato
£400 for a.cable :o:eek::confused::eek::o

Yeah, it's going to get nuts for HDMI 2.1. The max length for copper is 5M and according to the HDMI spec sheet, that's not even reliable at the moment. If you want greater lengths, you have to go fibre optic or for an active cable with a repeater built in.

Soldato
Isn't this a known issue with the C9s, and they need a firmware update ?, or am i thinking of something else :p

there is a known flickering issue on the c9 but it only occurs at 4k 120hz with gsync enabled if he's getting this issue under 4k120hz or with gsync disabled then it's something else

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Yeah, that's the problem with newer tech. My C7 or Denon AVR doesn't support HDMI 2.1, hopefully when I upgrade it'll be more stable!

Did you find any new firmware? Even if it's in beta and you need to install it off USB, might still be worth trying.

Hopefully, didn't get chance as I had to go to bed for work but ill give it a go tonight

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Man feel for you, it's a right ball ache issue which I have experienced in the past myself with a samsung 4K LED TV I must have bought and tried 10 different cables and spent £100 just to find one that could do 4K @ 60hertz, had a feeling it was going to happen again with the entire hdmi 2.1 drama.

That cable that vincent recommended on amazon, well vincent's a top ex tv calibrator so an expert if he said it works it's got a much better chance of working.

For myself I found Ibrah standard hdmi cables to hit their specs also reliable, they do an orange/black 2.1 hdmi 2.1 cable with ps4/pc/xbox already tagged on it for about 20 quid on rainforest, just in case the other vincent recommended does not work and it's a good idea to keep original packing so you can send it back for refund if it dont work.

I have a tried 3 different branded fiber optic cables, and they either flashed/non detection or cut out or had other failed picture quality settings but when I went
Back to Ibra fiber optic it just worked the first time properly, so have learned to stick with Ibra branded cables.

Hopefully TV and device manufacturers get their firmwares and hdmi 2.1 supported better because the world is about to go hdmi 2.1 !

P.B

P.B

Soldato
OP
Well got a 5m 2.1 cable thats holding the picture just fine now but still no g sync which I assume is the tvs issue so need to get the firmware update

Back
Top Bottom