How to escape this island post Brexit?

Soldato
He's running scared of Brexit and you think he's going to try any of that? it'll be all talk anyway nearly the entire US population of celebrities said they'd move to Canada if Trump got elected, it's just a modern day tantrum from people who cannot accept they lost a Democratic vote.

This.

Any way, batter move fast before the zombies rise up and eat your brains, also watch out for that big bouncing white ball thing when trying to escape to Utopia.

Make sure you have weapons to fight of the unclean when you get into the dinghy,plenty of food rations as well.

You can escape,I believe in you.

Caporegime
Hi. i am born and lived in london all my life and i want to jump ship to live and work in mainland europe.

my question is how do i achieve this post brexit:

I heard that for example, in germany, if i land a job paying 55k+ i can live there for good as they give out visa's .

What about other places?

i was looking to leave in feb but covid-19 happened so i am waiting for the dust to settle a bit.

I work in tech so commanding 55k+ will be fine for my experience.

How would i logistically move my stuff to anywhere in mainland europe? i Live in a flat and wanna bring as much as i can.

maybe fill a full moving van truck. well almost.

Its me and my partner that will move.

I have a few valuable tech stuff i need to move like desktops, one tv, surround sound setup/avr system, 3 cycling bikes, few furnitures, clothes and camera gear.

Hire a man in a van to drive all the way from here to germnay/france/holland etc? or goes in a crate in a ferry?
find the expat forum for the country you want to move to.

usually there are threads about "man with a van" who will do trips from the UK > wherever

Soldato
Yes my missus Is indeed European but I don't wanna marry her just so I can become EU member lol.

Although yes I would marry her no doubt but covid-19 :(

If you want to move to europe then marry her.

Most of the hurdles are automatically jumped as far as visas and residency stuff. Then its just the logistics of moving. You'll have no problems.

Permabanned
Escape? Sounds like his heart was never here to begin with. Watching Guy Martin and the old Britain when we were a superpower everyone here was British and loved Britain and they spent all thier money on Britain inc holidays and everyday goods.

Globalism has decimated this country, It took away all our wealth and left us with a population that really they are only here for the money as soon as something happens they do not like (Leaving EU) they bail on the country. Best of luck to you pal but i will not shed any tears when you use the word escape. Britain is not a jail it is a top 10 nation anyone should be grateful to live in.

Soldato
OP
Escape? Sounds like his heart was never here to begin with. Watching Guy Martin and the old Britain when we were a superpower everyone here was British and loved Britain and they spent all thier money on Britain inc holidays and everyday goods.

Globalism has decimated this country, It took away all our wealth and left us with a population that really they are only here for the money as soon as something happens they do not like (Leaving EU) they bail on the country. Best of luck to you pal but i will not shed any tears when you use the word escape. Britain is not a jail it is a top 10 nation anyone should be grateful to live in.
I was born and bred here.

Time to leave. There's a world outside this island

Caporegime
You've had 4 years to do this - it would have been much easier to move before the end of this year...

I mean it's hardly a huge issue to move and then later change your mind and decide you only want to stay there for a few years then move back... on the other hand, leaving ot for years then deciding you're going to do it... and waiting till *after* the transition period has expired... not the best of moves, you're just making things harder for yourself.

Still, should be possible if you've got the skills, just as moving to the US or Australia is possible etc..

Really though, if you're in tech, Switzerland is the place to go, tech pay isn't generally great in Europe (including the UK), it is OK in some areas of London (particularly in finance) but it can be decent in Switzerland.

Caporegime
I'd like to leave to Australia or nz.

I wish I pulled my finger out years ago instead of going with the flow.

Im very disappointed that we've decided to leave a group that I feel Works for the greater good.
But of that's the culture that's the culture. And it's up to each of us to leave of we want.
Itf Scotland was warmer I'd have moved already.

Its sad seeing a country like New Zealand behind thier leader when most of us seem to vote to stop someone getting in.

Last edited:

Bes

Bes

Soldato
If he's under 30 that might be a possibility in the next couple of years! I wouldn't get excited about EU- style FOM happening any time soon though..!

Soldato
Anybody who wants to leave due to Brexit should be made to sign an official form stating that they won't come crawling back if post-Brexit UK flourishes into a new Avalon.

Caporegime
OP is a glowing endorsement of the British education system.

I was gonna say. Dude writes worse than me lol. I almost read it in a Spanish accent for some reason.

Get married to your Portuguese gf and start a naturalisation claim for you. Buy a crappy white van and fill it full of your junk and drive 24h to wherever you are going.

Not sure why you think it will be better? Good luck though.

I wouldn't want to move to a different country, especially Germany, oh wait....

But no especially Germany. They hate Brits.

Last edited:
Soldato
If he's under 30 that might be a possibility in the next couple of years! I wouldn't get excited about EU- style FOM happening any time soon though..!

This should have been done decades ago really. Why bother with a commonwealth if there isn't decent trade between and easy movement at least between countries that are developed enough to handle it.

Hmm Germany, It's a bit in the dark ages. They prefer cash payments. Card payments are by Maestro, something that the UK mostly got shot of over a decade or more ago. In the UK the government policy is digital by default. That makes most interactions with government services and office easy. Like renewing a drivers licence, passport, filling taxes, getting on the electoral register, paying council tax etc.. In Germany it's all, go the office, get forms, fill out forms, book appointments and so on, with every minutia of the rules having to be followed to the letter. I see the problems my German friends have when dealing with the state from aboard, whilst I just hope on online.

P.S, I actually like Germany, but needs to modernise and get with the times. Also VAT is only 16% during corona. That makes big ticket items like vehicles very cheap. Almost been temped to buy and register one there recently.

Back
Top Bottom