The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
Demon slayer is one of the few shounen kinda ones that I can still bear to watch even after having been through that same formula so many times ... the other that I can think of being the fire soldiers one... demon slayer has some really artistically done fight scenes, I really like the water stuff.

Soldato
I finished Madoka Magika yesterday, great show really recommend it. You have to watch at least the first 3 eps before judging it though.

Going to start Rising of the Shield Hero soon.

ED song on Madoka is really good as well.

Last edited:
Associate
As shounen stuff came up recently, Jujutsu Kaisen was the other one this season that I'd presume falls under that and I'm giving a whirl (and slipped my mind), so far I'm liking it but I'm a sucker for supernatural stuff.

Commissario
OP
Just watched the ATA stream about their Christmas sale, apparently they've changed fufillment to hopefully deal with things better, and a bunch of announcements for titles that will go up for order.

My rough notes:
Mystery boxes one box only for blu ray £45 day 1, another will be DVD only (didn't catch the cost).

Full metal panic invisible victory with artbook, "very merry Christmas" audio drama.

Millennium Actress 4k, poster and booklet.

kill la kill complete series.

Children of the sea collectors edition. booklet and pseudo documentary

Planetes 24 page booklet, original extras, extra ones from Japanese release like the va of hachimaki taking a trip to jaxa

sword are: gun gale online complete release.

K: collectors edition whole first season, booklet

Erased complete set

summer days with coo, collectors edition with poster, booklet and 12 page booklet.

re:Zero complete series 1 with booklet.

cybercity oedo 808 collectors edition, remastered blu-ray, all extras, manga uk dub, ost, 52 page booklet with interviews and inf

Soldato
Just watched the ATA stream about their Christmas sale, apparently they've changed fufillment to hopefully deal with things better, and a bunch of announcements for titles that will go up for order.

My rough notes:
Mystery boxes one box only for blu ray £45 day 1, another will be DVD only (didn't catch the cost).

Full metal panic invisible victory with artbook, "very merry Christmas" audio drama.

Millennium Actress 4k, poster and booklet.

kill la kill complete series.

Children of the sea collectors edition. booklet and pseudo documentary

Planetes 24 page booklet, original extras, extra ones from Japanese release like the va of hachimaki taking a trip to jaxa

sword are: gun gale online complete release.

K: collectors edition whole first season, booklet

Erased complete set

summer days with coo, collectors edition with poster, booklet and 12 page booklet.

re:Zero complete series 1 with booklet.

cybercity oedo 808 collectors edition, remastered blu-ray, all extras, manga uk dub, ost, 52 page booklet with interviews and inf

What is this for? Interested in some details if you have extra. Please explain to me like I'm 5.

Commissario
OP
Ah, sorry, it's Alltheanime's stream they did with details of what they're doing for their 12 days of Christmas this year, these are all either new announcements or new releases that will be going up for order (one a day) during that period, along with any other deals.

Some of them are titles they've announced previously, and some are new.

So Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory (FMP S4) which IIRC they announced ages ago is getting a release with an artbook and a 3rd blu-ray which will have the Japanese audio drama/audio book with subs and pictures which bridges the gap between S3 and S3. It's the only English release of the audio drama.

Millennium Actress which I can't remember if they'd previously announced they had the licence, is getting it's UK blu-ray release with both a normal and 4k one in the set (and i think the new US dub), with a poster and booklet

Cybercity 808 which I don't think they'd announced and IIRC hasn't got a US blu-ray release, is remastered with all the original extras, the original UK dub, an OST CD, and a booklet with interviews and information about the production.

Planetes is getting it's first blu-ray release, with all the original extras from Beeez/Bandai, and some that were on the Japanese release including one where the VA for one of the characters visited the Japanese Space agency. I think they mentioned this will be 24fps rather than the original 30fps apart from the titles, which should mean it's a much better picture as IIRC there was some conversion done to get it to 30fps for the NTSC broadcast and DVD, and then when we got the UK DVD's it was originally converted from 30 to 25fps which is never ideal.

Summer Days with Coo, which I don't know anything about, but will be a collectors edition.

Re Zero S1, Erased, and Kill la Kill are basically full season releases where they were previously multi part releases.

No idea on pricing but I'm going to hazard a guess at around £40rrp for the films (probably discounted to £20-25), and maybe an RRP of 50-70 (down to £30-40ish for the pre-orders) for FMP, Palanetes and Cybercity and the others.

Associate
Kill la Kill is fantastic, I wouldn't mind a bluray boxset of it actually.

That's one of those ones that I didn't think was bad, but really don't get why everyone is so uber in love with.

But that said, I didn't like Jojo and couldn't get into it at all and quit after the rule of 3, and that's some kind of heinous crime according to most internet anime stuff, haha.

Soldato
Might have time to watch the stream later but going on what you say ....

FMP is an insta-buy ... one of my favourite series which I have bought way to many copies of over the years
Planetes will be one I'm looking forward to. I have the original US DVD release
Summer Days with Coo ... will probably get
Millennium Actress ... may get
Cybercity Oedo 808 ... may get

Full season releases of previous released properties I will skip as i have the previous releases

Soldato
That's one of those ones that I didn't think was bad, but really don't get why everyone is so uber in love with.

But that said, I didn't like Jojo and couldn't get into it at all and quit after the rule of 3, and that's some kind of heinous crime according to most internet anime stuff, haha.

I don't really know why I like kill la kill so much, but yeah everyone has totally different tastes.

I think for me it's a combination of factors, it's not too short/not too long, it's got a finished story, I love the art style which can be loose but they tighten it up when they want to, and a really good OST. It's also pretty damn OTT at times!

Soldato

Funnily enough I love JoJo too, although I had to push through the first story arc as it just came across as a generic albeit quirky show, it took off massively after that point for me.

Different strokes and all that, Kill la Kill was just absolutely nuts and off the wall while being totally unapologetic about it. I found it tons of fun and very different to most of the stuff on the market, I think I tend to lean towards that sort of thing in general. lol

Soldato
Had a watch through the video, definitely KLK boxset would be great :)

I could watch Erased and see if it's one I want as well, it's on my list still.

Not too fussed on collectors editions of things just want the normal bluray releases really, having them in a complete/box is nice though.

Also looking to get hold of:

Gurren Lagann
Konosuba
Overlord
Madoka
Monogatari (but it's still airing some stuff sometime I think might wait until all done).

Back
Top Bottom