LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Got my 55CX delivered today. Pretty nice ain't it :)

Honestly it's a little larger than I would have liked, the 48 would have been a better fit for this room, but I couldn't bring myself to pay more for less.

Just set mine up too! Bloody lovely isnt it? Lots to mess with! Only downside is how our sound bar sticks up in front of the display a tiny bit but I would like to go wall mounted at some point.

Are there some basic picture setting tips or "best settings" that you all go by?

Soldato
Gawd it looks massive when it's turned off in a light room. Really wish I'd gone for the 48.

Hopefully getting it up on the wall and running all the cabling will make it less oppressive!

Soldato
Gawd it looks massive when it's turned off in a light room. Really wish I'd gone for the 48.

Hopefully getting it up on the wall and running all the cabling will make it less oppressive!

I've told her many times, bigger isn't always better!

I'd have done the same though, the way I think is if the bigger one is cheaper than the smaller one, it's got to be a no brainer.

Hope you get used to it once it's up

Soldato
We are nearing Black Friday. Isn't a price drop on the 55 almost inevitable :D

Yeah foolish to buy now really but I'm impatient :)

They dropped the free LG ear bud promo yesterday so I did wonder if they would then lower the TV price after that. They retail roughly £90 I think... didnt even get those!

Associate
Yeah foolish to buy now really but I'm impatient :)

They dropped the free LG ear bud promo yesterday so I did wonder if they would then lower the TV price after that. They retail roughly £90 I think... didnt even get those!

Look at the bright side, at least you are watching it now rather than waiting for a few weeks to save maybe £100

Soldato
Look at the bright side, at least you are watching it now rather than waiting for a few weeks to save maybe £100

Tbh I'm fine, swindled a bit of a deal getting the TV anyway so it's not bad for me personally but still stings ;)

Anyone know what I should be setting Nvidia settings to for the best results?

Soldato
Best fixings to get this on a plasterboard wall? I've heard the blue 25mm Gripit fixings are good to use but they seem to have a mixed rating on Amazon.

Yeah all the scary customer pictures have held me off a bit.. but then do you really post a review if you had a positive experience with a screw? ;)

The TV is heavy, bit concerning. What bracket you going with?

Soldato
I've told her many times, bigger isn't always better!

I'd have done the same though, the way I think is if the bigger one is cheaper than the smaller one, it's got to be a no brainer.

Hope you get used to it once it's up

I think if I paint the wall dark and wall mount it it'll blend in ok. Tbh I'm more of a music listening than TV watching person so audio is more my focus....but as you say, couldn't bring myself to cough up another 100 quid for the 48...and wait as it's not in stock.

It's an old house and the wall is brick and backs onto the under stairs space so I can run cables straight out through the wall and then back in to the AV cupboard, so should be pretty tidy once it's up there.

Associate
I have an existing extending wall bracket that is built like a sherman tank. It has served me well for two TVs so far.

Looking at the CX now but I am worried that the holes on the TV are not centered and it will create issues with my wall bracket :confused:

Back
Top Bottom