Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I personally don't have any issue with the design, it should look unique IMO,

But this VVV is the stupidest design I have ever seen, it doesn't sit FLAT when lying down without a little piece of black plastic.
what were they thinking
(skip to 2m37s)

And if they'd made it flat on the bottom, it would have still taken up the same space, and would have looked very strange with one flat side and and one curvy side.

With the stand, it 'floats' and takes up almost the same space (disc version anyway). They had to include a stand for vertical use (it's not a PS2, this thing is huge and would take out half a city if it fell over...), so why not make it dual use for horizontal use too?

o18btphp04znmnm0evpw.jpg

itrudpbxzao21nu70rq0.jpg

Associate
My PS4 pro is in a normal server rack. I don’t actually think this is going to fit in sideways on a shelf. Massive pain as I don’t currently have space for it to be vertical in the rack.

Soldato
I personally don't have any issue with the design, it should look unique IMO,

But this VVV is the stupidest design I have ever seen, it doesn't sit FLAT when lying down without a little piece of black plastic.
what were they thinking
(skip to 2m37s)

Mfg, I was twitching watching this guy open boxes. Perfectly good knife. Well designed packaging. Yet he still tears all the boxes. Get in the sea you tube guy!!!

Soldato
I do find it funny that people are saying this is much bigger than the XSX when it actually isn't:
the PS5 takes up 7.2L, which when compared to the Series X’s 6.86L, only represents a size difference of 5%. Furthermore, the PS5 Digital Edition, which is equally as powerful as the PS5, only omitting the disc drive, lands at 6.4L – which falls under the Series X volume-wise.
Sure it LOOKS bigger but the dimensions are just different :p

Associate
I do find it funny that people are saying this is much bigger than the XSX when it actually isn't:

Sure it LOOKS bigger but the dimensions are just different :p

I thought I was going mad for a minute, but where did you get your PS5 sizes from????
I calculate the PS5 as hugely bigger.

PS5 = 390x260x104 = 10.5l
PS5 dig = 390x260x92 = 9.3l
XsX = 301x151x151 = 6.86l

Last edited:
Soldato
^^^ Great image comparison there :)

I don't care about the larger size of the PS5 - if the unit runs cooler and therefore quieter then thumbs up from me.

Soldato
I've just used the 390mm (15.4") and it's only slightly wider than my Sky box. It'll fit in the TV stand laid flat easily, once the PS4 is put to bed. It isn't as deep as the PS4 either. Thicker, though. I'm just not sure what I think about it laying flat as it looks nicer vertical. Will try both to see how I feel about it. I've booked the 19th and 20th off so I can tinker :)

Caporegime
Has anyone seen anything with regards to the PS5 audio out settings yet? I've got a Sonos setup so wondering if im going to be able to play in surround (DD) or Stereo (ala Switch).

Back
Top Bottom