Police officer accidentally strangles lover

Soldato
which case facts are important? that he was a serial cheater? that a previous lover said he 'groomed women'? doesnt that just make him look worse?

I'm going to go out on this totally wild limb.

And suggest the case facts (and defence in general which also matters) which the jury was presented.

Not this farce of starting from an entrenched position of assuming guilt. Which in this case specifically means intent to kill. The man already admitted manslaughter, which he will be sentenced for.

I'm not suggesting that he should be treated in the eyes of the law as a murderer. That's why I said to discount the law at the start of this. The law failed its chance at that.

My point is that morally he is a murderer. We don't take our morals from law, as that would be insane.

Well this doesn't sound like it's worth arguing. It'll be semantics and the bedrock of opinions.

He's killed someone, he's admitted it. The case was about the details which would give it the legal label of murder.

Your opinion of what label he should have well... it's not really important is it.

Last edited:
Soldato
That would be true if your comment is taken out of the context you chose to put it in - a direct and sole reply and rebuttal to a comment about intent, not motive. I didn't read it wrong. I read it in context. Context which this forum removes when quoting.
Angilion. I'm telling you the exact context to read it in. stop being obtuse and accept it. I didn't say motive = intent, I said he had a motive so...(this is the bit you work out for yourself). Stop strawmanning me just because you can imply an context from my post when I have TOLD you exactly how to read it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I hope they lock the murdering scumbag up for a long time, and speak to ex partners at time of review.

Soldato
The standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt. Just by reading the case you can guess that it was beyond reasonable doubt that he squeezed the life out of her after she's texted his wife about their affair.

I've been in courts and seen lay people of the jury. Some of them struggle to read out the oath, but that's by-the-by.

The CPS should have pushed harder on this one. It has not painted the judiciary in a very good light whatsoever. This murderer will be out in 5 years.

Caporegime
Not necessarily. Several years ago a very distant relative of my wife’s was stabbed to death in an argument. The killer ended up with what seemed a very lenient sentence for manslaughter. The bar for proving murder is set very high.
seems its reserved for serial killers.

heat of the moment crap is BS

Back
Top Bottom