Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm

Soldato
They definitely were not actors lol.

I thought the rednecks were because it seemed to polished to be a prank, but apparently not.

Apparently my ass. Of course they were. Maybe some weren't paid actors but they were told something.
If your walking around with 3 camera everywhere you go then it's set up. Asking a redneck if you can go to his house in a carpark in America could get you shot.
The black lady, the rednecks, the fax machine man, the debutant lady, and at least one of the feminist women and probably all the security guards or at least the bosses of the guards are aware of what's going on. Otherwise he'd either be very very locked up, injured or dead.

In the older versions you could tell it was real as no one knew who Sasha was. They were never told a thing about what was going on and in most cases they reacted angry or weirdly. It showed it was real. He was just some English guy who no one had ever heard of. Now he's been in 3 or 4 large feature films in America and several Netflix series.

The disguises weren't good enough for anyone to believe them, the people all reacted nicely to him as if he wasn't a lunatic.

Last edited:
Soldato
They were probably told it was a documentary or reality TV so they let them set up cameras. He has done that a number of times in the past.

In an interview he said he used other disguises to sneak in to some of the places and then changed while inside. Like at the Mike Pence speach. One of the guys at that dance scene was a member of the press and spoke about it after, it was definitely real except Cohen set it all up and invited everbody :p

Man of Honour
Apparently my ass. Of course they were. Maybe not paid actors but they were told something.
If your walking around with 3 camera everywhere you go then it's set up. Asking a redneck if you can go to his house in a carpark in America could get you shot.
The black lady, the rednecks, the fax machine man, the debutant lady, and at least one of the feminist women and probably all the security guards or at least the bosses of the guards are aware of what's going on. Otherwise he'd either be very very locked up, injured or dead.

In the older versions you could tell it was real as no one knew who Sasha was. They were never told a thing about what was going on and in most cases they reacted angry or weirdly. It showed it was real. He was just some English guy who no one had ever heard of. Now he's been in 3 or 4 large feature films in America and several Netflix series.

The disguises weren't good enough for anyone to believe them, the people all reacted nicely to him as if he wasn't a lunatic.

His disguise at the end was the worst and yet Rudy didn’t even question it before his bedroom scene.

There were a few cases where I felt like they were going along with it, but I don’t think that was the case everytime.

Soldato
No not every time. But the majority were. The babysitter almost could have been the prostitute lady from the first one. The rednecks definitely.

The only one I did get a real feeling from was the Anti abortion clinic.

The jokes didn't push the people enough, aka like in Bruno with all the wrestling crowd. Like walking into a Jewish church in a ridiculous costume and having old ladies be nice to you, they either knew, saw through it or didn't care. Just fell flat for me.

I also thought that even though I know Sasha is Jewish and it's meant to be OK for Jews to joke about the holocaust, saying it was Kazakhstan greatest achievement was a bit low. Not sure if that joke went over my head a little!

Last edited:
Soldato
No not every time. But the majority were. The babysitter almost could have been the prostitute lady from the first one. The rednecks definitely.

The only one I did get a real feeling from was the Anti abortion clinic.

The jokes didn't push the people enough, aka like in Bruno with all the wrestling crowd. Like walking into a Jewish church in a ridiculous costume and having old ladies be nice to you, they either knew, saw through it or didn't care. Just fell flat for me.

I also thought that even though I know Sasha is Jewish and it's meant to be OK for Jews to joke about the holocaust, saying it was Kazakhstan greatest achievement was a bit low. Not sure if that joke went over my head a little!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/jeanise-...hbbUcHElc_cAJWDf7fugeBlNFZihgIrnU2oSACY04xAs0
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...te-babysitter-thought-taking-documentary.html

Last edited:
Permabanned
Cant see me watching this it looks unfunny. The only part i laughed is his played out Kazakh/Romanian poverty scenes with him pulling the cart or the horses pulling the car.

I go to America! *cheers*

Man of Honour
Cant see me watching this it looks unfunny. The only part i laughed is his played out Kazakh/Romanian poverty scenes with him pulling the cart or the horses pulling the car.

I go to America! *cheers*

You say you can't see yourself watching it and then say the only bit you laughed at was ..............
Did you watch it or didn't you?

Permabanned
I never said rules, I said you are weird.

come tell us “I am not going to watch this movie”

I guess you are going to comment on every thread and every topic about how you are not going to part take?

So you want to pick a fight about me airing my thoughts on a open forum and then go offtopic. Dude at least leave your SC bias at the door it does not mean every thread you must air your intolerance at people who you have different views too. Its all very totalarian. :D

Caporegime
So you want to pick a fight about me airing my thoughts on a open forum and then go offtopic. Dude at least leave your SC bias at the door it does not mean every thread you must air your intolerance at people who you have different views too. Its all very totalarian. :D

im not picking any fight you keyboard warrior. I am making an observation like those people going to apple forums and say “I don’t like Apple”, it’s a very odd behaviour. It’s like going into a BMW showroom shouting “I’m not buying a car here!”

you are that guy, weirdo.

Permabanned
im not picking any fight you keyboard warrior. I am making an observation like those people going to apple forums and say “I don’t like Apple”

you are weird.

So you need to air this and go offtopic? I posted on topic about the ACTUAL FILM. All you did was call me weird and insult me... twice with weird and keyboard warrior. Just shoo

Soldato
It's ****. I did laugh though. Probably 3 times. The rest of it is mildly uncomfortable. Like someone telling an unfunny joke whilst other people laugh at it uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom