*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
But any of those things being flaky would not have allowed the game to go gold at the dev level. The fact that it went gold meant it was fully complete as a game and the final stage is certification for each platform. Since the console platforms tend to get certified last it seems, this kind of adds up. It's more likely that the game runs poorly on the base level PS4/Xbox and as such didn't pass certification.

Can't see any other reason why it would go gold, only to then be pulled?

The issue is that we assume the PC version is in a good state too. This is the problem with what we have heard about CDPR in the past,ie,feature creep and how their workers have to crunch all the time. With W3 they concentrated on Gameworks effects,but seemingly forgot about the other versions too due to divided resources,then had to patch the game later. I can see it as them concentrating on integrating on all these nice fancy features at the last minute,Covid hitting and everything going a bit crap. They are dividing their resources doing all this.

Man of Honour
So there's an unwritten rule that the PC version cannot be launched before the console ones are ready.

OK, CDP, OK.

Like the reddit thread discusses, it's almost certainly because of contractual agreements with Sony whereby the game has to be release across the board on the same date. Sony do like their agreements like that. For Microsoft it's much of a muchness since they have the PC market too.

Associate
The CDPR management and PR are partly to blame for this too. They not only were on Twitter telling people it was fine to book days off,as it was definitely being released on that date,they kept shoehorning features into the game at the last minute. They did exactly the same with the Witcher 3 and seemingly don't really care if their own workers had to work excessive hours.

This whole concept just bewilders me.. booking time for a vacation etc yeah I get, but to play a video game? jesus christ.. and just wait until it's released, it's a video game not a bloody life changing surgery that got delayed, there is more to worry and be concerned about in life than a poxy game! first world trivial problems.

Man of Honour
It just so happens that the 19th now I have booked a corporate photoshoot so personally I am actually quite pleased. I would have had to book the day off anyway. Either way I'd have been playing Cyberpunk or making more money.... Win win in my books :p

Soldato
I wont be buying this game now. They just delayed it for the next gen console users, bad move. I will play it but wont pay it, they dont deserve the money if they want to do pointless delays just to stay with the console launches

Back
Top Bottom