• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
I managed to see the buy now button, i clicked it, page got stuck, refreshed and instantly out of stock.

That is a farce now Nvidia. I am seeing the "coming soon" button for a day now, and the moment i finally see the stinking "buy now" button ready to buy click it, your server gets stuck and instantly out of stock.

Why aren't people boycotting them.

Soldato
Nvidia aren't selling them on their website anymore, as far as I know, so all the "Buy Now" button would've done is popped up a window to take you to another retailer in the UK to complete the order. That website is still 404 for the 3080 and 3090 page. It's possible they came and went but would've expected to have found out about that somewhere, even after the event.

Associate
I was wondering, if Nvidia is having such acute shortage of cards, wouldnt that mean taht AMD will have similar shortages?

Am I missing something here?
One of their chief staff said on Twitter that they won’t have those shortages.
Also more and more rumours are indicating Nvidia shortage is intentional for various reasons .

Last edited:
Associate
Nvidia aren't selling them on their website anymore, as far as I know, so all the "Buy Now" button would've done is popped up a window to take you to another retailer in the UK to complete the order. That website is still 404 for the 3080 and 3090 page. It's possible they came and went but would've expected to have found out about that somewhere, even after the event.
I thought that was for US where they sell them on a big company not sure if I can mention it. On NVidia's site any 3rd party partner 3080 had a check availability button and took you to shops like ocuk etc, while the FE card had out of stock or buy now option.

I am baffled with their approach to be honest. Managed to get an ipad air bang on release date from apple, and even when i checked a few days later i could still preoder one, on the release date price (no stupid price hike) and roughly would take an extra 2 weeks delivery. I prefer that type of preorder than looking on a website non stop all day.

Associate
I thought that was for US where they sell them on a big company not sure if I can mention it. On NVidia's site any 3rd party partner 3080 had a check availability button and took you to shops like ocuk etc, while the FE card had out of stock or buy now option.

I am baffled with their approach to be honest. Managed to get an ipad air bang on release date from apple, and even when i checked a few days later i could still preoder one, on the release date price (no stupid price hike) and roughly would take an extra 2 weeks delivery. I prefer that type of preorder than looking on a website non stop all day.

Tbh the flame war between those who want to queue jump by repeatedly pressing F5 vs the OcUK defenders taking full price is insane.

We shouldn't have to constantly check a website until it crashes, OR pay full price for a card not coming for potentially 6 months. I don't get why there isn't a system like OcUK's, but you put down a part deposit or just reserve a space (with the cavets for the latter that you need to pass the same level of scalper/bot stoppers that a regular order does)

Seems kinda simple, no? No ridiculous people just getting lucky when those on launch day pre-ordering get screwed, and no retailer walks away with huge chunks of money for no product.

Soldato

I think you can mention BestBuy because they don't sell to the UK and won't ship to parcel forwarders, so it's pretty much impossible for anyone outside of the US to buy from them.

Nvidia partnered with another UK retailer for the last FE drop. I see no reason that wouldn't continue and they have said as much in a previous update - about not selling direct for the forseeable. There are other partners in Europe they have been working with to sell FE cards.

Associate
It was likely something relating to a change with the competitors website.

The product page on the competitors website, from a previous drop, changed to a 404 page when stock had ran out, but today it shows as Error 1020 Access denied..
So maybe they are prepping to go live with some? Just a wild guess of course. GL. I already picked one up last time.
I obviously can't link the page I'm talking about either, but its..
competitorswebsite /products/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-founders-edition-graphics-card
competitorswebsite /products/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-founders-edition-graphics-card

Although, I don't think you can buy from that page directly, if it appears, anyway.

Associate
One of their chief staff said on Twitter that they won’t have those shortages.
Also more and more rumours are indicating Nvidia shortage is intentional for various reasons .

Can you elaborate on the reasons for the intentional shortage? Is it simply to generate hype and publicity or is there another reason?

Back
Top Bottom