AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Caporegime
Well missus managed to snag me a pair of AirPods Pro as it was my bday today and I’ve been thinking about getting a pair.

Got them for John Lewis for £220 which are cheaper than what Apple are selling them for.

Unlike the AirPods, theses don’t fall out of my ears. Using the small ear tips seem to hold them in place.

Sq wise they aren’t that great but half decent. Obviously my over ear xm3’s are much better but then you would expect that.

I’ll probably get some memory foam tips for them. Any personal recommendations??

Soldato
Well missus managed to snag me a pair of AirPods Pro as it was my bday today and I’ve been thinking about getting a pair.

Got them for John Lewis for £220 which are cheaper than what Apple are selling them for.

Unlike the AirPods, theses don’t fall out of my ears. Using the small ear tips seem to hold them in place.

Sq wise they aren’t that great but half decent. Obviously my over ear xm3’s are much better but then you would expect that.

I’ll probably get some memory foam tips for them. Any personal recommendations??

I’ve got inairs for mine, also got mine from JLs as they give 2 years warranty!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I saw last week these were possible for £169 from Amazon Germany. Can still be had for £188 with a fee free card.

Gen 2 are rumoured for next year.

Commissario
Good shout on Amazon Germany btw, I'm looking to replace my original AirPods with a set of AirPods 2 before they redesign them (if the rumours are to be believed) and it's a decent saving to buy them from there.

Man of Honour
Yep that’s why we went for the JL ones.

I was looking at the comply ones but can’t seem to find the assorted sizes anywhere in stock.

Are the inairs any good??
I've used inairs on various earphones over the last few years and they're just as good as comply at a fraction of the price.

Soldato
Turns out that all they had in stock at Doha airport was what I can only describe as customised or ‘vajazzled’ AirPods, that had either PSG or Bayern Munich logos on them, or were crusted with gold and diamanté and so on, all going for ridiculous money. The guy working in the electronics store said that they’re really struggling to get stock at the minute in Qatar.

Ended up just buying a set of AirPods Pro from Amazon once I got home, and find myself very pleased with them. The active noise cancelling does a wonderful job of blocking out my 2 month old daughter. :D.....just joking. ;)

Caporegime
Quite enjoying my AirPods Pro at the moment. The noise cancelling on them is pretty decent for the size of them.

I got the inair memory foam tips and they are so much better than the silicone tips that come with the pros. a lot more comfortable and I don’t get ear fatigue that I was getting with the silicone tips.

Man of Honour
I'm still having problems with people hearing me using the AirPods Pro. I used the Zoom test microphone function and it plays back really, really quiet.

Soldato
I lost my left AirPod and I’m getting pretty sick of only having music into my right ear :p

I see people sell them individually - Could I just buy a left AirPod and it will work?

Back
Top Bottom