• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
All saves are cloud-based so they'll be there when you get the new console. Everything is cloud-based so it'll all be there when you log into the new console, you'll just have to download the games again.

great, cheers!

Have my games installed on a external hard drive. So hopefully they won’t be needed to download again apart from updates!

Soldato
Need to upgrade my TV to get the most out of the XsX.

32" is my current TV size and looking at 4k TVs most are 48" or bigger. which is too big for my current set up. As Im not bothered about watching TV on it, does anyone have any thoughts on a 4k gaming monitor? Was looking at one of these: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-3...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-15f-lg.html

Has anyone used monitors with consoles before or is it best to stick to TVs?

Soldato
I'm thinking after getting X I'll use my PC very little for gaming

I have a dedicated 1tb SSD I might move that as an external for the X and get a cheap 512 for the PC as would likely only be games like DCS etc on it

Associate
Need to upgrade my TV to get the most out of the XsX.

32" is my current TV size and looking at 4k TVs most are 48" or bigger. which is too big for my current set up. As Im not bothered about watching TV on it, does anyone have any thoughts on a 4k gaming monitor? Was looking at one of these: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-3...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-15f-lg.html

Has anyone used monitors with consoles before or is it best to stick to TVs?

Wouldn't bother with 4k at anything below 48". I have a 55" LG c7 and even if I sit with my nose basically pressed up against the glass you can't see any jaggies as the pixels are quite densely packed even more so on 48".

For that size screen I'd be buying a 1440p 120hz/144hz refresh monitor - that would make the most sense and putting the rest of the cash saved against a nice headset Steel Series / Astro etc.

Soldato
I am waiting for some DF impressions on the S before I decide whether I will go for it to have as a GP box or not. PS5 will be my main purchase and for the time I have I don't need 3 consoles but if the S is good enough, and at that price, it might sway me into getting one.

Also waiting for impressions. I had an order at Amazon, but canned it.

PC will still be my main platform. But I was tempted by a Series S for the TV. Ended up getting cold feet, wondering if it maybe makes more sense to buy Series X to get more storage, a disc drive, and potentially better versions of games.

Also quite interested in streaming if Microsoft launch a good solution for doing that direct to a TV.

Soldato
Well, bought a new OLED to come tomorrow, so looking forward to trying 120hz and VRR - but this won't be my main gaming screen as is in living room. The living room TV is going to be my new bedroom gaming screen.

My only concern is I am going to like the new TV so much more for gaming that I won't be able to stand using the old TV any more :D

Soldato
Well, the new AMD cards leave even the Series X for dust :eek::p

Amazing how much perspective can shift in a year. Back when they unveiled Series X, there was quite a bit of scepticism about a console having a GPU between a 2080 and 2080 Ti in performance. Those GPUs... aren't looking so hot any more :D

Though to be fair the closest match to the SX GPU is the 6800, which has 60 CUs (vs 52) and a 1815MHz base clock (vs 1825) at $579. So console is still winning the value argument.

Last edited:
Soldato

Amazing how much perspective can shift in a year. Back when they unveiled Series X, there was quite a bit of scepticism about a console having a GPU between a 2080 and 2080 Ti in performance. Those GPUs... aren't looking so hot any more :D

Though to be fair the closest match to the SX GPU is the 6800, which has 60 CUs (vs 52) and a 1815MHz base clock (vs 1825) at $579. So console is still winning the value argument.

I forgot the launch for the cards was today. Glad they competitive again.

Can't bring myself to get excited about pc gaming. Especially since have been working from home. What used to be 'my space' has become 'work space'

Am currently rearranging room so I can have a separate screen i can game on from bed, just so i can get away from work.

Will still use living room tv as much as possible, but bedroom where most gaming done.

Soldato
I don’t get the fascination of watching videos of something being taken out the box. There are loads of them......

Yeah its a youtube thing that i have never got, Its in packaging and you take it out, its hardly a tour of features or something useful but its appears to be youtube gold for some.

Reaction videos is another one that for some reason the algorithm keeps trying to chuck at me, a real X reacts to Y, go away....

Man of Honour

It’s such a shame that PC games are stuck with having to cater for such poor performing SSDs for the next decade.

Soldato
It’s such a shame that PC games are stuck with having to cater for such poor performing SSDs for the next decade.

Maybe.

With all of the stuff coming out of Sony and Microsoft about SSDs changing the way games are developed, I think there's a fair chance they'll become a necessity for many games over the next few years. Either that or devs will have to choose between using old design paradigms for their games, or ditching PC support altogether.

I'm expecting to need an NVME within a couple of years. Just holding out to see how things go at the moment (and waiting for 2TB drives to hit reasonable prices).

Soldato
For me there's too much focus on backwards compatibility and a lack of exclusive titles like Forza/Halo/etc at launch so I'm gonna cancel my series X preorder and will wait until next year. I still want to see some more reviews before I decide whether to go for the series X or S anyway.

Nothing is convincing me to rush out for one at launch unfortunately!

Soldato
If you're going to cancel your order I'd be interested in taking it off you mate, I'm on the Day One Xbox One so looking forward to big gains

Soldato
For me there's too much focus on backwards compatibility and a lack of exclusive titles like Forza/Halo/etc at launch so I'm gonna cancel my series X preorder and will wait until next year. I still want to see some more reviews before I decide whether to go for the series X or S anyway.

Nothing is convincing me to rush out for one at launch unfortunately!

Same as a high end PC really people don't buy for exclusives just to play past present and future games better

Back
Top Bottom