*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
This whole concept just bewilders me.. booking time for a vacation etc yeah I get, but to play a video game? jesus christ.. and just wait until it's released, it's a video game not a bloody life changing surgery that got delayed, there is more to worry and be concerned about in life than a poxy game! first world trivial problems.

People are surely allowed to book time off for whatever reason they so wish? I have considered it plenty of times before but with delays it will only lead to disappointment.

Soldato
This whole concept just bewilders me.. booking time for a vacation etc yeah I get, but to play a video game? jesus christ.. and just wait until it's released, it's a video game not a bloody life changing surgery that got delayed, there is more to worry and be concerned about in life than a poxy game! first world trivial problems.

Gaming is a hobby just like anything else that a person gets enjoyment out of. I used to take a lot time off to go to music festivals and do stuff with my vehicles.
So I get the whole taking time off, just like I get paying hundreds for new hardware (very guilty of that one)
However, the bitching, moaning and death threats are beyond me.

Man of Honour

Sure, it’s 100% bug free.

I wont be buying this game now. They just delayed it for the next gen console users, bad move. I will play it but wont pay it, they dont deserve the money if they want to do pointless delays just to stay with the console launches

Well, that condones piracy. No wonder they don’t want it to release on pc yet. Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram. To make it even funnier, you still want to play it, classic :D

Last edited:
Associate
Sure, it’s 100% bug free.

Sure, that condones piracy. No wonder they don’t want it to release on pc yet. Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram. To make it even funnier, you still want to play it, classic :D

This is the barrel they have you over, you're aggravated it is not coming out so you can show them your displeasure by not buying it which harms them little and only means you miss the fun. But I understand the anger, people have had their chains pulled by CDPR too many times and they have to show their dissatisfaction somehow albeit being pretty much like dropping a stone in a lake and hoping the ripples to reach the other end.

Man of Honour
This is the barrel they have you over, you're aggravated it is not coming out so you can show them your displeasure by not buying it which harms them little and only means you miss the fun. But I understand the anger, people have had their chains pulled by CDPR too many times and they have to show their dissatisfaction somehow albeit being pretty much like dropping a stone in a lake and hoping the ripples to reach the other end.

Oh I absolutely understand the frustration, I’m desperate to play. Death threats, threats of piracy etc are just pathetic though. I’d be too embarrassed to even post that crap even here.

Associate
Gaming is a hobby just like anything else that a person gets enjoyment out of. I used to take a lot time off to go to music festivals and do stuff with my vehicles.
So I get the whole taking time off, just like I get paying hundreds for new hardware (very guilty of that one)
People are surely allowed to book time off for whatever reason they so wish? I have considered it plenty of times before but with delays it will only lead to disappointment.

Fair enough!

Soldato
Like the reddit thread discusses, it's almost certainly because of contractual agreements with Sony whereby the game has to be release across the board on the same date. Sony do like their agreements like that. For Microsoft it's much of a muchness since they have the PC market too.

will they have had to sign deals with sony etc that dictates it must release on console and pc at the same time though

So basically **** Sony then.

Nothing new there then.

Associate
There was a good Miyamoto quote regarding this when Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time was continually delayed.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

That was 100% true in the days when you couldn't patch on day one and had to order expensive cartridges to be produced, the irony despite being a fantastic game OOT was eventually totally broken by speed runners, so even that shipped with multiple bugs. Miyamoto's words are not completely true now with patches even on console, but it does still apply to a lot of aspects of game production.

The PC version is finished, no doubt, but they won't risk touching a damn thing about it in this 21 day delay in case they introduce even more bugs. So it'll just sit there until the consoles are finished and then get multiple patches within a few months.

Piracy is why we can't enjoy the PC version first, CDProjekt cannot risk potential console buyers pirating the PC version instead. I don't like it, but clearly having console releases first is better business sense as many will double dip upon the subsequent and superior PC release.

As for crunch time and overworking staff, I don't how CDProjekt thought they could ever avoid that - they're big boys now and they'll have to wield the same rod that the big boys do to get games released, IE; art and programming staff being worked like crazy so management and executive staff can profit.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well said.

Soldato
Apparently the CEO has stated the game works well on PC/Next-gen consoles, but the reason for the delay is poor performance on PS4/XBONE.

I don't understand this at all, they have been developing the game for years - how have the only just realised it doesn't perform on these consoles?

Associate
Thing is I don't understand is they delayed GTA 5 on PC to April to fix things on that platform, but the Xbox One and PS4 got their original November release. The reverse appears to be happening with Cyberpunk but we have to wait while last Generation consoles catch up.

Caporegime
Apparently the CEO has stated the game works well on PC/Next-gen consoles, but the reason for the delay is poor performance on PS4/XBONE.

I don't understand this at all, they have been developing the game for years - how have the only just realised it doesn't perform on these consoles?
Wouldn’t be surprised if MS and Sony aren’t happy or the game has failed certification on one or both consoles.

Caporegime
Maybe, but CDPR must have known this for a long time?

It does seem surprising it’s failed on the older consoles.

There were rumours a few months ago about performance issues on XBone S, perhaps they were true? I’d imagine they submitted a build expecting it to pass cert but then it failed and it would then take too long to fix and they had no choice but to delay.

Associate
The PC version is finished, no doubt, but they won't risk touching a damn thing about it in this 21 day delay in case they introduce even more bugs. So it'll just sit there until the consoles are finished and then get multiple patches within a few months.

A game of this complexity is never going to be finished aka bug free. At the very least they can weed out a few more before launch.

I hope they push it back even more. Such a highly anticipated game doesn't come along often. If the quality of this game is compromised in any way I will lose faith of a true gaming masterpiece ever being delivered again.

Associate
A game of this complexity is never going to be finished aka bug free. At the very least they can weed out a few more before launch.

It's finished in the sense they won't risk changing what they have now, it'll be patched later after release. This extra time is for current gen consoles only. They went gold successfully with the PC version, there's no problem with that right now. They won't risk touching it now until the universal platform release date in case more bugs are unwittingly added.

A game of this complexity will likely never be totally bug free, even after months of patches, but they have a gold version on PC good to go that will almost certainly remain untouched until all versions are released.

Back
Top Bottom