• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
---- CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION ----
-- ASUS STRIX OC and NON-OC --

Decided this information would be useful for you guys as well since there is not a good way to get any full truth from the information we get on the official forums.

Decided to give my 2 cents and call the customer service regarding the SMALL and VERY SMALL quantities issue.

- I was told there were actually 13 cards
- Turns out maybe there were not 13 cards; there were actually 13 NON-OC cards and there were indeed just 6 cards for the OC
- When asked why did the forum post mentions a SMALL quantity when 6 is a VERY small one I was told that Gibbo was probably reffering to OC + Non-OC (doesn't really make sense since there were no NON-OC updates up till now and I'm sure the NON-OC people would have liked to have this information)

Associate
the nvidia website literally never updated. The only people who got a card either were using bots, or got a link from someone using a bot.
I posted the link in nvidia discord only used distil to let me know when the buy button went live then sent the link to discord. Was up a good 7 minutes lol

Associate
I'm literally so disappointed at this point, I've tried so hard to be patient, but after @Gibbo gives us his metrics for terms he uses, only to receive SIX cards (putting me from 23rd in queue to 17th) is literally terrible. How within 3 STRIX OC shipments in a month do you get shipments of 3, 9 and 6, it's literally ludicrous at this point. I know the size of the shipments is nothing to do with with Overclockers, but stop with the BS numbers. Don't list a shipment as something as low as 10 but potentially as high as 30 only to get nearly HALF the lowest number.

/rant.
There's a good chance he isn't lying, they might have received the amount he expected, but they are satisfying 2 different parts of the business!!!

Sadly to keep one side of the business working, they need to take from the pot.

Associate
Whatt?? I'm confused sorry, i haven't been religiously following the situation - just had heard there was a close to large order..
And that is true, however it was split into three smaller shipments, one of which has already arrived and been delivered to end users. The other as of Monday was still in HK the information given was that it should have shipped late last week or early this, and then that they don't stay long with the frieght forwader a week at most before being despatched to the UK.
We haven't heard anything either way, but they should have left HK by now or something has gone wrong.

Associate
I'm literally so disappointed at this point, I've tried so hard to be patient, but after @Gibbo gives us his metrics for terms he uses, only to receive SIX cards (putting me from 23rd in queue to 17th) is literally terrible. How within 3 STRIX OC shipments in a month do you get shipments of 3, 9 and 6, it's literally ludicrous at this point. I know the size of the shipments is nothing to do with with Overclockers, but stop with the BS numbers. Don't list a shipment as something as low as 10 but potentially as high as 30 only to get nearly HALF the lowest number.

/rant.

Totally agree.

I was 19th now lucky 13...

Felt kinda hopeful and a bit gutted when I got the email to simply say 'queue update' but, honestly, if I was number 9 in the queue and expected to be included in this '10-30' order - man, I'd be livid... Not sure the 'very small/small/OK' descriptions are a good way to go. In my mind, it creates expectations when now, one two/three occasions nothing has come to fruition.

That's just for the OC Strix - let alone other queues.

Associate
the nvidia website literally never updated. The only people who got a card either were using bots, or got a link from someone using a bot.
Luckily I had a direct link to the buy page which was posted up. The buy button never got chance to appear on Nvidia. I knew the Nvidia OOS link changed 5 mins earlier, so I was on multiple forums on multiple screens.

Associate

Decided this information would be useful for you guys as well since there is not a good way to get any full truth from the information we get on the official forums.

Decided to give my 2 cents and call the customer service regarding the SMALL and VERY SMALL quantities issue.

- Turns out maybe there were not 13 cards; there were actually 13 NON-OC cards and there were indeed just 6 cards for the OC
- When asked why did the forum post mentions a SMALL quantity when 6 is a VERY small one I was told that Gibbo was probably reffering to OC + Non-OC (doesn't really make sense since there were no NON-OC updates up till now and I'm sure the NON-OC people would have liked to have this information)

Aside from the fact that Gibbos post clearly said Strix OC (with no mention of Non) hopefully someone in the Non-OC queue can confirm by way of a queue update email, otherwise something very off is going on if this is true!

Associate

But at this point that's literally a lie, he is NOT referring to both he specifically mentioned "small amount of STRIX 3080 OC" nothing about non-OC, it's such a joke at this point.

Back
Top Bottom