• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
They might be queuing in launch day but not every day up until Christmas. I was referring to someone said no chance getting it this side of Christmas.

There will be plenty of deliveries (weekly) until Christmas, there is real possibility to get one by walking in getting those new stock from places like Tesco or Asda etc.

Oh no ofcourse - post launch when the hysteria dies down you'll be able to grab one or as you say down to luck on what the places have they might have a unit.

I remember walking into Andover Gamestation back in early 2008 shortly after the Wii Fit was released for Xmas 2007 and the madness that all brought about and picked up the only console they had delivered but the con was I had to have the board and some awful pink anti-slip cover for it bundled else they wouldn't sell it.

Day one - I don't believe you will walk into any store that was taking pre-orders and get one and supermarkets are sure to sell them as quick as they are off the truck and scanned into the warehouse for a while - again down to luck.

Caporegime
Oh no ofcourse - post launch when the hysteria dies down you'll be able to grab one or as you say down to luck on what the places have they might have a unit.

I remember walking into Andover Gamestation back in early 2008 shortly after the Wii Fit was released for Xmas 2007 and the madness that all brought about and picked up the only console they had delivered but the con was I had to have the board and some awful pink anti-slip cover for it bundled else they wouldn't sell it.

Day one - I don't believe you will walk into any store that was taking pre-orders and get one and supermarkets are sure to sell them as quick as they are off the truck and scanned into the warehouse for a while - again down to luck.

I am pretty confident that I can find stock this side of Christmas locally by just walking in by luck. Strange, but because this has never failed me, I don't feel like it is going to change. Despite the online hype, deep down there isn't any exclusive launch title just on the new consoles which will hold quite a few people back, those who really wanted one would pre-order, those who don't care will wait for games out first.

I don't mind getting it or not because i am on the latter but i know i will own one eventually so if i see it i will pick it up and play Cyberpunk.

Soldato
Sooo three weeks then. Anyone excited yet? :)

About what?

200.gif

Associate
Anyone buying a PS5 and not buying any of the launch games?
I've got God of War and Borderlands 3 games still in the wrapper which I haven't got around to playing yet so they will keep me busy for a while.

Man of Honour
Me too.

The design is ultimately driven by thermals which they needed the heatsink which dictated the size then they would have to figure a way out for it to look.

MS decides to just throw in a square box, it's simple form followed function, heat rises so vents top and bottom.
Sony obviously spent more time contour it all, actually thought about it, designed clips for the stand which can be hidden. There is far more thought process going into it. Whilst one might not like it, it doesn't feel lazy.

The whole heat rises thing always seems to confuse people. The chimney effect has very little impact in actively cooled systems, particularly on these scales. It's in the region of 0.5% thermal dissipation difference between orienting the airflow with or against the chimney effect direction.

It's actually far more beneficial for settled dust reasons than it is for thermal reasons.

Soldato
Anyone buying a PS5 and not buying any of the launch games?
I've got God of War and Borderlands 3 games still in the wrapper which I haven't got around to playing yet so they will keep me busy for a while.
I've not decided which to get yet, and I'm in no hurry tbh.

But... I've only played RDR2 on ps4, owned a PS3 before that. So I have a bit of catch up to do - God of War, BL3, etc etc etc etc etc... :p

Of the new games, Sackboy and Spiderman interest me the most. I might get a boomerang rental account a few weeks in and rent spiderman. It's nice that I'll be able to use cross play for mates still on ps4 which will open up some games too.

Soldato
Temtem coming to PS5 exclusive.

Bugsnaxx also free PS5 plus title for November, I wasn't bothering with it tbf but since there giving it away I guess I'll least try it ha

Back
Top Bottom